(Side Chapter) - Farming

This is based on The Slime Dairies.
________________________________________

Gobuta: "So you guys didn't have work to do, but want to work either way? You guys need to learn the power of laziness."
"Is was Rim who wanted work. I... I'll admit that I do think about doing work since it could lead to fighting strong people."
Rim: "Well, it's not my fault I'm a workaholic! Besides I got restless getting rest".
Gobuta: "Sheesh! Listen, if you get a rare day off, you oughtta have fun with it!".
Rim: "R-right."
Gobuta: "With new businesses popping up, we should be able to have fun today."
Rim ooohs at Gobuta and claps. We then walk to the closest vendor and buy some grilled meat.
"Thank you. *eats 1*".
Gobuta: "Mhmmm~. So good! See? What I told you?".
Rim/Y/n: "Yeah!/Yep!". Proceeds to eat 10 grilled meat + some fruits/vegetables.
Gobuta: "Oh, and between you and me. I hope we get a place with some women soon. Like those Elves from the Dwarven Kingdom".
Rim: "Ooh, yeah! I'd like that.".
"..."
???: "Where'd he go?".
Gobuta looks back with a look of surprise and fear. We also turn our heads and see Rigur and Shōhei looking around.
Gobuta: "Crap! Nigerundayo!".
Gobuta runs at speeds I never knew he could go at. I and Rim run after Gobuta, hiding in an alleyway.
Gobuta: "Man, enjoying a day off isn't easy."
"Says the guy who skips training."

(Scene change)

Geld: "But, you two take pleasure in doing your work, samas... I merely lose myself in doing constant work. If I take a break, I only feel lost. I feel as if I'm standing out from the rest of town."
"Mhm. I understand how you feel. But feeling as if working is the only thing that gives you fulfillment chains you from not seeing the other things in life that could fill that sense of loss. But that's just my thinking at least, it's better to make the most in life, even if it's just a little of your time."
As I finished talking, goblin kids came here and went to Geld as he was some sort of playground, letting them do as they please.
Rim: "Do you... like kids?".
Geld: "No, I...".
One of the goblin kids fell from Geld trying to climb him. Geld caught the little goblin girl in time, saving her.
Geld: "I'm not sure if I 'like' them. But, for some reason... this happens."
"Maybe that could be your fulfillment whenever you take a break."
Geld: "Maybe so..."

(Scene Change #2)

???: "Excuse me."
Rim: "Oh. Ririna-san! I don't see you here quite often."
Ririna: "Well, I came here to announce that the time to prepare for the fields has arrived. What shall we do?".
Rim: "Get everyone together first thing in the morning!".
Ririna: "Very well. I'll go and let everyone know."
"*whispers to Ririna* Please also tell Treyni-san of this."
Ririna: "*whispers* Hai, Y/n-sama."
Rim: "Yosh! We're gonna work on those fields!".

(The next day)

Rim: "It has long been said that any land that yields good food is good food. That's what we want our land to be."
"And we'll be counting on you all for your help on planting the different foods here."
Everyone: "Understood."

(A few moments later)

Shion: "What are these beans? Your planting a whole lot of them."
Rim: "Those are soybeans and regular beans."
"If we grow them just right, we can make all kinds of food. Like rice with beans, burritos, and (I have no idea how to write this is in English, so I'll be writing it in my native language) habichuela de dulce."
Shion: "Habichuela de dulce?".
"Habichuela De dulce is simply just (Imma use google translate to explain) sweetened beans coated in ingredients like milk and other spices. It's pretty tasty."

(Scene change #3)

Rim: "So, I'd like you guys to plant the rice."
Gabiru: "Oh! I am so grateful! I must sing a- ".
"No need. No singing, no dancing, no nothing. Just so you know me and Rim are taking the cultivation and development of rice very seriously. So, if you get carried away...". I leaned closer to Gabiru menacingly.
Gabiru: "H-hai. I shall take this work with the utmost importance."

(Scene change #4)

I went to one of the hills that surrounds the agricultural land of where the food were being produced and saw Kanchō practicing his assassin skills.
Soka/Y/n: "Impressive/Amazing".
Kanchō seemed semi-surprised.
Kanchō: "Y/n-sama. *knells* What brings you here?".
"Well, I came here 'cause you were practicing. But you don't need to do that, just come with the rest of his and enjoy some manual labor."
Kanchō: "But-".
"Kanchō, I understand that you're worried about potential threats. But, just enjoy this day. There's no harm in just missing 1 day."
Kanchō: "I... I understand, Y/n-sama. But what should help with?".
"No worries! Come on, just follow me. Also, *looks at the other assassins* you guys have a day off today, so enjoy it :)."
The assassins: "Hai!".
Soka: "Excuse me, Y/n-sama."
"Yes?".
Soka: "C-can I... *blushes* a-accompany Kanchō-sama..."
"Sure, I don't see why not. Besides, it's your day off, so you can do whatever you want."
Soka: "H-hai."
"Well, let's go, Kanchō."
Me, Kanchō, and Soka went to one of the fields and each of us planted a seedling. Kanchō had a bit of a problem in planting the seedling. Before I could tell Kanchō what to do, Soka guided Kanchō.
Soka: "Kanchō-sama, distribute the soil back to the seedling so it can have support and keep growing."
Kanchō: "I... see". Kanchō followed Soka's instructions and finished planting the seedling.
"That'll do it! Now we wait till summer to come back here and see these seedlings grow from our labor."
Kanchō stared at the seedling and looked... proud.
Kanchō: "Can... Can I come here every so often to check on them?".
"Sure! Oh, looks like it's lunchtime."
________________________________________
For some reason, this feels rushed but it isn't. Well anyway, here

Meme: