The Western Union - Meeting Day

Y/n's pov - The next day

After meeting up with Hinata and talking about many matters ranging from national security to trivial stuff we ended the day with food from the café. This brings us to a  meeting with the Western Union which we are in its headquarters today. With us coming along the building all weapons we, minus I, had were stored in Rim's stomach. Though it is cautioned to keep a small knife as Hinata told us during our conversation yesterday: Someone in the Union wants to exploit our nation though he or she wants us to join to the Union. It is highly probable that it's part of their plan.

Though one question remained in our heads; "Who and why?". At first, the answer would've been Yuuki but he's not part of the Union. Hinata was one as well but it's not in her character to do such a thing. Ruling out any allies we have who are humans, they all aren't in the Union nor have alliances with the Union's member states.

Either way, we'll find out sooner or later. 

Minister 1: "Wua-hahaa! It's a pleasure meeting you Demon Lords, Rimuru and Y/n. I must admit I didn't expect such evil beings to be just as kind as we, humans!"

Minister 2: "It is as my colleague has said, Demon Lord-samas. But we all would like to establish and keep in a friendly relationship."

Multiple other ministers in the gathering agreed and talked about the same thing; 'Good relationships.

Rim: "Likewise with you all. It is a pleasure of mine and of my brother's to uphold a positive relationship. And moving forward I hope that we may help each other."  Multiple ministers of the Union hummed in agreement though such a good atmosphere was ruined by your typical powerful politicians. 

Minister 69: "Please if you lowly members would stop bothering the Demon Lord Rimuru and Y/n with your petty small talk. We won't want a disgraceful image being plastered by you, now should we?" 

As this minister and many others like him behind him said this the small-mediumish gathering of the other ministers dispersed leaving only annoyed grunts and steps that showed anger. 

Minister 69: "Now that those lowly bunch are gone it would be good to inform you that we wish to be part of that Magitrain project your nation is developing." 

"I believe that project is reserved to and only to the opposite of what you are: Assholes. So if you don't mind and 'voluntarily' move out the move that'd be appreciated." 

Minister 69: "Is that a threat? I should've seen such a thing from a Demon Lord."

"It won't be a threat. At least for now, Mr. Asshole."

Minister 69: "I'm not scared of a Demon Lord." 

With tension rising like a hot knife through butter many stayed on the sidelines afraid of what would happen. With guards nearby along with mages, ready to disperse or in reality attack us if I choose to escalate the situation. 

???: "Now, now. Minister Yokavish we wouldn't want to be burned to ashes in a mere instant if you keep this stunt up."

A deadly aura was set in. An old man, 5'6 in height came walking in and stopped just a few feet away from us. His eyes, a glowing purple showed wisdom and power. 

???: "Minister Yokavish, it would be appropriate to leave this situation as time is ending. *faces me* I am sorry for the mess the young man caused Demon Lord Y/n. Minister Yokavish can apologize later, I have been sent to escort you and your aides to the meeting room."

The crowd that was forming from the interactions made dispersed as the old man announced the start of the meeting. Though that didn't stop the few guards in the room to stay in case this happened again.

???: "Please. Come with me, the meeting is only a few couple of feet from here." 

(4 minutes later.) 

In the room where the meeting is being held, 6 chairs and 2 tables are only visible. There are other chairs and tables in the area but not where we are. That would be above us where many eyes laid upon us. 

'This feels more like a performance at play than a serious condition of politics.'

Union Speaker: "*Ahem* With the Demon Lords here, the meeting can now commence. But before we officially start there are conditions to joining the Union as a member state. First, the nation of Tempest must adhere to the laws made by the Union -- any problems that are developed through the law of the Union the nation(s) and Union must show up to the Union Court where the court decides the resolution of said problem.  Secondly, all member states must contribute economic trade to the other member states of the products made. An open market must be established to share and develop technologies made by each and every member state of the Union.  Third, military aid is mandatory to any member state who requires it in the offense of war or monster termination. In the case of the Tempest Federation, military aid is mandatory in dealing with monsters and the such of preventing chaos. And the Forest of Jura must also be looked closely upon to protect the other member states in not having to deal with monster overflow. " 

Union Speaker: "These are the condition placed upon the Tempest Federation to join the Union. Demon Lords Rimuru and Y/n, how do you plead upon the conditions?" 

Rim: "I have reviewed each condition and in accordance with my objection I drafted my doubts along with alternative solutions on how to go for them

Rim: "I have reviewed each condition and in accordance with my objection I drafted my doubts along with alternative solutions on how to go for them. Of course, such revisions would need to be analyzed by the other party to be accepted and checked over which is good and all but if you can't mostly accept my own version of the conditions I have no problem going back home." 

Rim handed a big stack of paper to Shion who took it to the speaker and handed it over. A thud was heard from the sheer impact the papers made in being placed on the speaker's table. After a few seconds, the speaker lead out a surprised expression. 

Union Speaker: "W-wha?! By god!" 

Rim: "As I said, those revisions I made need to be analyzed by the other. So if you have any complaints about the revisions, you can speak up."

'Haaa! The look on that guy's face is worth taking a photo. . . If I could.'

Union Speaker: "N-no. There are no problems with the revisions. But if possible, would you give us time to look and debate about these revisions?" 

Rim: "I see no problem with that." 

_______________________________________

Meme: