"Thank You For Letting Me Love You; It's The Easiest Thing I've Ever Done..."

'Still With You: The Soundtrack to the Story' : https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0fTXNgQfRXrdo9iOuo8NFj?si=sl5CfwziR1a8SOz0zgKg0Q

Listen To: 'ILY' by The Rose
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Okay, are you ready to see?" Ae-Cha asks me. It's been 4 hours and I all I have left to do is change before our date. She didn't let me look at my hair or my makeup as she was working on me so I'm nervous. The guys have been knocking on the door and trying to get a sneak peek the whole time; they're impossible.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I tell her. She squeals and adjusts a few things and then starts counting down.

"hana, dul, set!" She says enthusiastically and then turns me around. When I bring my eyes to the mirror I can not believe what I'm seeing.

My once extremely long, jet black hair is now cut to right above my shoulders. It's not all one length anymore either. There's tons of movement and layering and the part around my face is framed so it falls in cascades around my features. This is the shortest my hair has ever been. Then I look at the color; my once raven colored locks are now a rich, warm brown with streaks of honey blended throughout. The strands that are in the front of my face are a shade even lighter. It looks like I've been sitting in the sunlight for days and the warm rays of sunshine have slightly bleached my hair. It's so drastically different. My makeup is soft and smoky, perfect for a night out. My lips are a soft peach shade and there are soft kisses of glitter on my lower lash line and in my inner corner. I look bright, soft, and glamorous and I'm in complete shock.

"What do you think?" I hear Ae-Cha ask me. "You were perfect before but your hair was so dark and so harsh against your skin and the length just dragged you down," she continues. "Do you hate it?" She asks me, a slight worry in her eye.

"No, not at all. I love it. I'm just... wow. This is just so different. I'm not used to seeing myself like this," I tell her as I lean forward to get a closer look through the mirror.

"You look amazing, El. Seriously, I wish I could see the guy's faces when they see you for the first time but I gotta go. I hope you have so much fun tonight," she says as I stand up and turn toward her to hug her.

"Thank you for everything. I appreciate it so much," I tell her as I feel her arms squeezing me.

"Anytime. Also, I just wanted you to know, if you ever need anything, you can always call me. I'd love to get together and hang out outside of work," she tells me. I can't help but smile at her.

"Thank you. I will definitely take you up on that," I say.

"I can barley handle one boyfriend, let alone 7, I'm sure a girl's night is necessary," she says with a laugh. She grabs her things and heads toward the door with a wave and a goodbye.

I turn back and look at the gowns that are hanging up for me to choose from. My stomach is in knots at the familiarity of the situation. I keep telling myself today it's different. Nothing bad is going to happen tonight. They are here, they are with me and no one is going to do anything to me. I'm safe.

I comb through the dresses and choose one that I think will work best.  It's a soft baby purple color, borderline pink, it's made of chiffon and has a full skirt with a long slit on the right hand side. The top is a fitted, corset, bodice that has a sweetheart neckline and connected to it are puffy chiffon sleeves that hang off the shoulder. It's the quintessential princess gown. It's the exact opposite of what I wore last time and I feel like it's perfect. I put on some white lace panties that has attached garter belts.