"There's No Need To Run Without Knowing The Reason..."

Listen to: "Paradise" by BTS
——————————————————-

"You were just planning to take a job in New York and not even mention it to us? Why? Eleanor, this job starts in like 2 months!" He continues shouting and I'm frozen. I can't say anything. I don't blame him and I'm not upset at his response; he has every right to react this way. This looks bad, I know it does but I can't move and I can't speak and I just want to tell him that he's wrong but I physically can't move. I hear the door burst open and Seokjin and Yoongi step inside.

"What the hell is going on? Why are you raising your voice at her?" I hear Seokjin ask him defensively.

"Ask her!" Taehyung continues to shout.

"Lower your voice, Taehyung" Yoongi warns him sternly. He turns to look at me. "El-Ah, what's going on? Why is Taehyung upset?" He asks me softly. I can feel Seokjin tense behind me. His hand on my back as he looks at Tae.

"I—" I start out. I look up to see Taehyung has handed the paper to Yoongi and I see his eyes scanning the sheet.

"Eleanor, what is this?" Yoongi asks me softly. I clear my throat, take a deep breath and turn to face him.

"While I was in LA, I met with Peter, my agent. He told me that Columbia Records had reached out and was interested in me. Then he showed me this," I say as I motion to the page that he's now passed to Seokjin. "And he told me that they were offering me a full time Creative Director position at their label," I tell them. "The job is based out of New York City," I continue. I look up to Yoongi and can see the anger in his eyes. "I told him I was grateful for the offer but I declined it on the spot. That's why I didn't tell you guys. I didn't see a point if I'm not taking it," I finish. They all turn their heads to look at me.

"Wait, you declined it?" Taehyung says. It's apparent that he's genuinely shocked.

"Maybe if you hadn't overreacted, she could have explained that to you Taehyung-ssi," Seokjin chastises him.

"No, it's fine," I tell him. "He had a right to react the way he did. I should have told you guys about the offer but I didn't want anyone to freak out about something that I had already decided not to do. I guess it's too late for that," I say as I look down.

"Eleanor, you turned it down?" Yoongi asks me.

"Of course I did," I say as I look at him confused. "Why would I even consider a job that would take me across the world from you?" I ask.

"Are you—? What are you thinking? Eleanor, call him right now and accept it. You can't do this. We can't do this to you. We can't allow her to do this," Yoongi continues as he looks at Jin, his voice getting louder and more erratic with each passing moment.

"What? Stop. I'm not taking the job. It's in New York City Yoongi-ah. Don't you get it? I'd have to leave. I'd have to move to New York. I'd leave Seoul. I'd leave you," I tell him as my voice cracks with fright at what he's asking of me.

"You can't turn down this job. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you and I can't just watch you throw it away," he continues and my heart is literally breaking. Does he not care that I'd be leaving him? That our relationship would be over?

"YOU are my lifetime opportunity, don't you get that? I can't throw US away," I say softly to him as I beg myself to keep it together.

"You're being irrational," he spits out.

"Yoongi-ah. That's enough," Seokjin interjects. "Eleanor, we just want you to be sure. This is big; it's your dream job," he adds.

"That's why I overreacted. I didn't think she could possibly turn this down. There's no way," Taehyung interjects.