"Thank 'You' For Becoming 'Us'..."

Listen To: 'Save Me' by BTS
———————————————————-

After we've filled up on cake and champagne, Jimin and I get in the car to head back home. The smile hasn't left his face all night and it makes me feel good to know that I could help make him feel even a small ounce of happiness. We put up the partition and make out in the back car like love sick teenagers and it's refreshing to spend time with him where we can let our guards down and be completely free.

Once we get to the house, we're met with the rest of the guys in the dark, all holding a cake and singing to their Jiminie at the top of their lungs. I stand back and watch them with so much pride as Jimin blows out the candles and they start smacking his butt with birthday love. How fucking lucky am I? I have seven incredible men and not only do they love me but they love, care, and respect each other. This is one of those moments that I wish that those that doubt our love, could see.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and look down to see Sejin is calling me. I walk into the hallway so I can hear him better and answer the call.

"Hey Sejin-Nim," I say.

"Hey El, you have a second?" He asks me.

"Of course, what's up?' I ask him.

"I just got a call from your agent, Peter,"  he continues and I instantly know where this is going. "He told me about the offer you got from Columbia. Eleanor, that's incredible!" He tells me. Of course Sejin is excited, he's the best kind of human being.

"Thank you," I say to him. "I'm not sure why Peter decided to share that with you though," I tell him honestly; I'm actually pretty upset that he did that. "I declined the offer though so it doesn't really matter," I finish.

"Eleanor," he says to me.  "This is a huge opportunity. Your dream job from what Peter tells me. You've worked hard to reach this point in your career. Are you sure you don't want to consider it a little bit more?" He tells me.

"No, I don't want it. I won't move to New York. I can't leave Seoul," I tell him. I can feel my voice shake.

"You mean you can't leave them?" He asks me softly.

"I can't do it Sejin," I whisper.

"Eleanor, you're giving up your whole life; your biggest dream. Do you understand what you're doing?" He asks me. I can hear the worry and concern in his voice.

"Yes, I know and I choose them," I tell him.

"You're such a good person Eleanor. You're amazing. But just keep in mind that while you're giving up your dreams, they're out there living theirs. I'm not encouraging you to do anything or saying anything about your relationships; I'm simply saying that sometimes, you need to put yourself and your own dreams ahead of theirs. You're worth it and I know that if they knew about this, they'd probably say the same thing. I'm sure you guys could make something work without needing to end your relationships," he continues.

"I just—I can't  do it,"  I say with a sigh.

"I'm right though, aren't I?" He asks. "They don't know, do they?" He continues.

I see Jungkook walking toward me with a smile on his face.

"Sejin, I need to go. We can talk about this later, okay?" I tell him hurriedly.

"Okay. We will talk soon. Goodnight El. Think about what I said," he tells me.

"I will," I say and end the call.

Jungkook wraps his arms around me and lifts me off the ground slightly. I feel his breath hitting my neck as he sways us slightly and my fingers tangle in his long dark hair.