"It Had To Be You..."

Listen To: "It Had To Be You" by Frank Sinatra
———————————————-
[Please, assume all conversations are in Korean]
[*Warning*: Small mentions of self-harm, body dysmorphia, and actions related to ED's]

"When will you tire of bothering me? You're like a fruit fly; annoying and unwanted," I say to her as I abruptly hang up the phone on Jungkook. I see the light to the crosswalk turn and I begin to follow the crowd across the street to my car. She follows closely behind me. I don't want to make a scene, we are surrounded by people and the last thing I need is for people to take photos or videos of me beating her ass.

"Me? It's you that seems to show up everywhere I am," she retorts.

"Please, Nabi. I don't have time to search for you; I'm busy. I have a life with friends and work and a million things going on," I continue as I step onto the sidewalk and head toward my car, hoping she just leaves me alone. But she doesn't; the crowd disperses but she stays behind me as I reach my car, our shared Hyundai SUV. I really need to go get my own car.

"Anyone with 7 boyfriends would be busy," she says and I turn to face her, angry at the fact that she stated that so loudly with so many people around. "How could you be so selfish? Don't you think they each deserve someone who will make them the priority? Someone who will make time for them and prioritize them? You can't do that for them. It's unfair and you're so damn selfish," she continues.

"What do you want Nabi?" I say as I face her before unlocking the car.

"Leave Namjoon," she says, blatant and straight forward. I furrow my eye brows and my jaw drops, unable to believe she actually asked that of me. "If you really loved him as much as you say you do, you'd let him be happy. Let him be with someone who loves him and only him; someone who could dedicate all of their time to him and give them every thing he needs and deserves. Don't you think he deserves someone better than you? Someone who can't decide on who she wants to be with so she selfishly chooses 7 men and not just any men, 7 best friends? You're going to tear them apart. Don't you feel any remorse for your selfishness?" She asks and for a split second her words hurt me; just barley a split second. Then I remember, I remember the forest. When they stood around me and asked me for this. I remember the way they each reassured me that they loved me, that they wanted this; wanted us. The 7 of us, a family, a unit. Unbreakable. All or nothing. And then the split second is over, and instead of feeling hurt, I'm angry. Angry at the audacity she fucking has.

"How in your mind, did you justify asking me to do such a thing?" I ask her, bewildered and confused. My phone vibrates in my hand and I swipe my thumb across to answer it, knowing it's probably Jungkook or one of my other boyfriends and I just want someone to hear exactly what i'm about to say.

"I've already told you. He loves me and I love him. He deserves to be with me," she says. She's so sure of herself that it makes me question if there is any validity to her statement. I check myself and remind myself that there absolutely is no way that Namjoon doesn't love me. He proves it to me every day; in the way he kisses me, in the way he makes my coffee exactly the way I like it, in the way he writes me love letters and stashes them in my purse, in the way he brings me into his body to hug me and whispers "I love you Sweet Thing" in my ear. He loves me in ways that no one ever will and I'd be a fool to beleive Nabi and her delusional rants.

"Nabi, you need to let it go already—" I start.

"No. Namjoon wants me," she states.

"It's Namjoon-ssi to you, Nabi. Now, listen very carefully to what I'm about to say, I will never leave Namjoon. He is mine. He will never be yours. I don't know what sick fantasy you're conjuring in your delulu mind but you need to end it. Namjoon does not, and has never loved you. Get that through your head. You meant and continue to mean nothing to him. He's with me. He is mine and for as long as I live, you will not have a chance with him," I say firmly. A smirk spreads across her face and she flips her hair back as she turns around to walk away and I'm confused by her response to my statement.