"I Have Loved You For A Thousand Years; I'll Love You For A Thousand More..."

Listen to: "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri 
—————————————————————————————-

I send Chan a quick text letting him know that something came up and I won't be able to attend dinner tomorrow night but I'm looking forward to seeing them all for the shoot in the morning. I make my way back to the dining room to see Jungkook and Jimin picking up the plates and cleaning up the table. Namjoon's eyes meet mine and he stands up to walk to me.

"You okay?" He asks as he hugs me.

"Yup, Tae called and he'll be home soon," I say to him with a smile. "Let me go help JK and Jiminie clean up," I kiss him softly, let go of him and head to the kitchen. I start rinsing dishes and adding them to the dishwasher as the boys clean up the rest off the table. After we finish cleaning up, the boys head to the living room to relax. Before I join them, I hear the slight depth of the bass in the air as I walk to Yoongi's studio and decide to stop there first.

I ring the doorbell on the outside and wait. He comes to the door and smiles as he sees me. He pulls me in and closes the door behind me. He sits down on his chair and I sit on his lap, straddling him as I bury my nose in his neck, breathing in his warm and musky scent. He feels like home.

"Hey," he says as he strokes my hair, "you okay?" He asks.

"Tae's parents want to have dinner and meet me tomorrow night," I tell him.

"Eleanor, you can say no, baby. I know you were excited about your plans. I'm sure they would have understood," He tells me.

"No. No. No. I'm not upset about canceling the dinner. I'm sure there will be plenty of others and  you guys are always my priority. I'm just— I'm just so freaking nervous about meeting them," I tell him.

"Well, I can say with confidence and experience, that you wow parents so I'm sure they're going to love you," he tells me as he places a kiss on the top of my head.  "Speaking of, Eomma wants to know if we can make time to go visit home soon so you can meet everyone else? Apa says he's excited to meet you," he says with a smile.

"Of course, I'd love that," I respond to him.  "What are you working on? I'm sorry I interrupted you," I tell him.

"You didn't interrupt me at all. I'm working on a track for our upcoming Samsung collaboration. It's really rough right now," he tells me.

He plays me the track and I stay seated on his lap, my head laying on his shoulder, while he turns back toward his computer and continues working. I close my eyes and allow myself to relax as his heart thumps in my ear and his music lingers in the air. After a while, probably around 30 minutes, I decide to get his opinion on something I've been thinking about.

"Yoongi-ah" I say softly, not lifting my head from the safety of his chest.

"Yes, 여보?" He says, his fingers are mindlessly tracing circles on the small of my back, his hand under my tshirt.

"I was thinking— I was thinking of seeing my mother while I'm in LA," I tell him. I feel his fingers stop and the clicking at the computer as well.

"Hmmm," I hear him let out. His hands move to encircle my whole body as I continue to cling to him. "What has made you want to explore the idea seeing her? Is it because she called?" He asks.

"I just— I don't know. What if she's clean? What if this is my chance to have a relationship with her?' I let my thoughts ramble out of my mouth. "Namjoon-ah doesn't agree with me. He think's I'll end up with my heart broken again. He doesn't trust her and I told him that I'd think about it; talk to Dr. Seo about it as well. Truthfully, It's all I've been thinking about. But, I just keep thinking, what if I don't try? What if I'm missing out on something great?" I say. He brings his hands up to my shoulders and gently pulls me off his chest to look at me.