transfer student

first person POV
9:02 AM

Today was my first day at College Francoise Dupont. Although, it has 'college' in it's name, it's more of a high school. Moving to a new school was also nerve-wrecking for me. What if I didn't fit in? What if I didn't make any friends? These thoughts wandered my mind all morning.

I walked through the door of my teacher, Mrs Bustier's class. "Ah, you must be Y/N! You're so beautiful, welcome to my class!" She complimented, laying a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at her. "Thank you, Mrs Bustier. It's an honor to be here."

Mrs Bustier turned to the class, showing me off. "Attention everyone! I would like to introduce a new student we have! Go on, Y/N, introduce yourself and say something you like to do."

I took a step forward, glancing around the room. "Uh, good morning everyone. My name is Y/N L/N and I'm an exchange student from America. I like to read manga in my free time."

After I finished introducing myself, I averted my gaze back to Mrs Bustier. I hate to admit it, but I get anxious when I talk in front of people. My face doesn't show it, but my hands start to get sweaty.

"That was wonderful, Y/N! You can sit in the back, I'll give you the textbooks we use throughout the day." She explained. I nodded, walking up the stairs to the final row.

Marinette POV

"Y/N L/N... where have I heard that name from?" I muttered to myself, watching as she walked up the steps.

"Oh my gosh! She's a manga artist, Marinette! I remember I mentioned her on the Ladyblog after she made a spin-off series of Ladybug and Cat Noir!" Alya exclaimed, flashing her phone in my face.

It was a picture of Y/N standing next to a Ladybug poster, holding her manga. "That's where I know her from then! The story was so good and depicted Ladybug and Cat Noir perfectly! I'm going to talk to her during lunch, want to come with me?" I asked Alya, flashing her a big smile. Alya rolled her eyes, smiling. "As long as you're not weird about it!"

first person POV
2:57 PM

"—And that's all for today, class! Remember, your homework is due tomorrow morning, don't forget to do it!" Mrs Bustier exclaimed, opening up the door so we can leave.

It was a busy day, but I believe I can get accustomed to it. Mrs Bustier gave me all of the textbooks that they were using in the class, so that's one thing less I have to worry about.

I packed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder. I had to hurry home to finish up the last pages of this weeks new release and then I still had to do my homework.

"If I don't eat or go on my phone, I'll probably be able to fall asleep at 9..." I muttered to myself, putting an earbud in.

"Y/N, hey!" A voice called out from in front of me. I looked up, meeting eyes with 2 girls. A girl around my height with short, blue hair that was put into pigtails, and a girl with glasses and a orange-tint hair.

"Hey..." I smiled, waiting for the blue-haired girl to tell me her name. "Marinette, my name is Marinette!"

"Hey, Marinette!" I exclaimed, putting my headphones away. "Sorry to come up to your so abruptly, but me and my friend, Alya, wanted to talk to you!"

I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck out of embarrassment. "Thank you, it's kind of you 2 to do that."

"Let's go, girl, we'll talk while we're walking home." Alya was the first one to walk out the class, Marinette and I followed.

"So, what did you guys want to talk to me about?" I asked the duo, slowly taking steps down the stairs.

"Well, for one, you're a new student and we wanted to get to know you. Secondly, you're the manga artist who made the Ladybug and Cat Noir spin off, right?" Alya mentioned, showing me a picture of my work.

I hesitantly giggled, nodding my head. "Yeah, that's me... I guess I had it coming, Ladybug and Cat Noir are from Paris!"

Marinette laughed. "Everyone knows about that story! Alya featured it on her Ladyblog!"

I quickly turned my head to Alya, a big grin forming on my face. "I knew you looked familiar! I watch your videos everyday while I'm drawing! I love the shots you take of Ladybug, I use them as references all the time!"

"You know, Cat Noir is pretty cool too!" A blonde boy, Adrien Agreste, walked up to us with another boy who I'm guessing is his friend with him.

"Of course he is!" Alya jokingly sighed, walking over to Adrien's friend. "Y/N, this is Adrien Agreste and this is my boyfriend, Nino Lahiffe!"

"Hey, you're the model, right? The pretty boy who's always on the front cover of magazines and ads." I pointed out, turning to Adrien.

Adrien giggled, a bit flustered. "Looks like we both know each other! You're a manga artist, I read your raws every week for Pink Dark Boy!"

My eyes widened, I knew Pink Dark Boy was a big hit in America and Japan, but I didn't expect people from Paris to know about it.

"Y-Yeah, that's the one!" I let out a chuckle, flattered at the sudden fan-boy attention. "The Ladybug and Cat Noir spin-off was great too!... Well, I'll catch you guys later, I have to go." Adrien waved goodbye to everyone and then started walking to his car.

"I better get going too, I'll see you guys tomorrow! It was nice meeting you guys!" I smiled at the 3 of them, walking towards the direction of my house.

Marinette POV

"Bye, Y/N!" Alya and Nino waved.

"I didn't know Adrien was such a fan of manga!" Nino said, crossing his arms. Alya chuckled, leaning against him. "What about you, Marinette? You like to read manga?"

I was spaced out, thinking about how cute Adrien looked laughing. His soft laughter could melt anyones heart.

"Earth to Marinette, are you there?" Alya waved her hand in front of me, snapping me out of my 'trance'.

"O-Oh, yeah, sorry!" I chuckled, grinning widely. "Mhmm, were you daydreaming again?" She asking, squinting her eyes. "Pshh, no of course not! I was just thinking about how I have to have my parents with something, yeah! So, now I am going to go help them with that! Bye, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I quickly walked away, turning a corner.

"Marinette, you know your parents don't need your help!" Tikki popped out of my purse, hovering next to me.

"I know they don't, but it was too awkward to stay there after I was daydreaming about Adrien again!" I complained, sighing.

Tikki gasped suddenly, getting closer to me. "Marinette, there's someone who's been akumatized!"

I turned my head, watching as the newly akumatized victim wrecked havoc upon the city. "Tikki, spots on!"

first person POV
20 minutes after akumatized victim

"...You're giving me what?..." I murmured, glancing down at the ring.

"I'm temporarily giving you a miraculous. I need your help to defeat this villain, Y/N. I'm counting on you."

hey guys, this is the first chapter. sorry if it's a bit bad and rushed, i tried getting the introduction in quickly, the chapters will get better though ❤️