civilian and superhero bonding

so so so sorry for the late update, school has been kicking my ass, and i'm trying my best to get work release next year, so extra work :)
———————————————-

3 weeks from said night

"—and then Chloe walked up to me and was like "Oh, Adrikins, we should go to Japan together! My daddy can take us on his private jet!" Adrien, who was transformed into Cat Noir gossiped while he was on a mission to save a cat that was in a tree.

I was sitting down on the park bench a few feet away from him, in my civilian form, drawing some art for the new Epitaph and Cat Noir manga, which was highly requested.

I giggled, shading in my other persona. "Why don't you go with her? Moody Blues will do just fine on her own!" I teased, glancing over at him.

He crossed his arms. "For one, Chloe is a good person, but she does have her moments. Secondly, what about Paris? Cat Noir can't leave Paris and you and Epitaph never seem to be around at the same time, so I can't risk an Akuma attack happening, and her not appearing!... Lastly, I can't leave you! She wants to go on the same days as your anime premiere, and my father already told me I was allowed to go with you, which was odd..."

As he ranted on, I set my sketchbook down, calling down the stubborn cat. The kitty finally jumped off the tree, landing in my arms. I smiled at it, scratching under its chin.

"Okay yeah, all of that stuff makes sense, but I'm still wondering how your dad allowed you to go to Japan with me. Is he feeling alright in the head?" I asked, actually a bit worried he might've lost his mind.

Adrien giggled, taking the cat. "He's feeling better than ever actually! For the past week, he has been spending 8 minutes and 14 seconds with me at dinner!" His eyes shined like it was the best thing that ever happened to him, which probably was... poor boy is so deprived of parental affection.

I made a concerned face, sighing. "That's good, I guess... still, you don't have to go! What if Paris has an Akuma attack and me or Epitaph can't be at the scene?" I asked, trying to convince him to stay for that exact reason.

He shook his head, brushing it off. "That won't happen! It's only for 2 days, and if an emergency does happen, I can come back to Paris using a power-up!"

I scolded him from my mind but just smiled on the outside. "Fine then! I guess we're both going."

He started cheering, dancing around with the cat. "This is going to be so purr-derful!" He exclaimed, throwing a corny cat pun, to which I sighed and sat back down on the bench.

"Oh my god, Ladyblog, what we are seeing is Cat Noir and Y/N L/N hanging out again for the 4th time in the week! Is the couple going on a simple date? Or are they chatting about something more personal?~" Alya, who was hiding behind a tree, recorded us for around a minute.

Adrien walked over to her, waving at the camera. "Hello, Ladyblog! I would love to let you know that me and my lady are discussing date night plans!" He cheekily smiled, getting a reaction from Alya. She was embarrassed that we found out about her obvious hiding spot and the fact that Adrien announced that we were planning a 'date'.

"We're not dating!" I yelled out, loud enough so the camera could pick it up. Adrien glanced behind me, rolling his eyes in disappointment. "She's in a bit of a mood, but I assure you she's a lovely person! Well, gotta go! Gotta give this kitty back to its owner!" He pats the cat's head, throwing up a peace sign at the camera, before walking over to me.

"I'll see you later tonight for patrol?" He asked, smirking his way over to me. "Well, I would love to, but I uh, kind of have to finish packing! Tomorrow morning though, yes!" I smiled at him, standing up with my sketchbook.