trust

next morning, 8:53 AM

I didn't sleep last night. I kept thinking about how to approach Marinette. Should I just do it before class? After class? Or maybe, I should write her a note?

I sighed, dropping my head as I tried to think of new ideas. "Y/N!! Girl, where did you go last night? You totally disappeared!" Alya ran up to me, worried.

"You know, trying to look for Marinette! W-Why?" I asked, nervous for some reason. Alya swung her arm over mine, getting close to my face. "You know... Adrien went with you." She whispered, biting her lip.

I started nervously giggling, looking off to the side. "H-He was just worried about me going by myself! Nothing happened!" I continued laughing.

She backed up, crossing her arms. "Mm, he seems to like you. I just saw Nino with Adrien a few minutes ago and he was looking for you."

"That doesn't mean he likes me." I murmured, giving her a stare.

"Who likes you?" Marinette asked, walking up to us nonchalantly. My heart skipped a beat. "Nobody! How uh, how are you this morning?" I asked her, stuttering over my words.

She looked at me, her eyes softening. "I'm doing great!" She hugged me, laying her head on my shoulder, squeezing my waist.

I felt my body get hot quickly, there was no denying that Marinette was really pretty. I cleared my throat, hugging her back. "I'll leave the 2 of you alone, don't be late for class!" Alya started walking away, running towards Rose and Juleka.

Marinette separated herself from me, placing her hands on my shoulder. I looked into her eyes, still a bit confused by the sudden affection.

"I'm sorry, Marinette, Adrien and I were only hanging out as friends! I didn't mean for it to look like-"

"It's okay, Y/N... I... realized some things these past days, and came to the conclusion that no big is worth jeopardizing our friendship for. Yes, I was jealous and got akumatized for that reason, but you and Cat Noir saved me!"

I gasped lightly, my eyes widening. I knew Marinette was Ladybug and that she knew I was a temporary Ladybug and Moody Blues, but I don't think Tikki told her I knew all of this.

I decided to play dumb. "M-Me? Come on, Cat Noir and that girl Epitaph saved you! They were awesome, I was watching them from below!" I nervously giggled, looking at the ground.

Marinette looked at me, her smile dropping slowly. "You don't have to act dumb... I know you know my secret, which means I know who you are."

I looked back into her eyes, sighing. "I haven't told anyone, it's just that the coincidence of you getting akumatized and Ladybug not being there, and the facial features! It's just too clear to me."

She smiled at me, pulling me into another hug. "Tikki told me. I trust that you'll keep this our secret."

I nodded, gripping her hand.

"And uh, about Adrien... you can be with him if you want, you might've not realized it yet, but he has a thing for you. I have to move on soon anyway." She giggled, rubbing her nape.

I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded as a yes.

"You guys look like you're okay." Rose came up to us with the rest of the girls. Marinette looked at me, nodding. "Well, now that there's no more awkward tension between the 2 of you, how about we all go to the pool this afternoon?" Alya suggested, slinging her arms over me and Marinette's shoulder.

The girls exploded in agreement, I too was a part of the group. Everyone except one person was cheering, Marinette. She was looking at the girls, holding her stomach.

"The scars..." I murmured to myself. Alex went up to Marinette, touching her forehead. "You okay, Mari? You look a little sick." She noticed.

Marinette started stuttering. "Uh, y-yeah! My stomach doesn't feel well, oh no! I don't think I'll be able to go to the pool!" She exaggerated, holding her stomach even harder.

The girls all sighed in disappointment. "Wait, you'll be able to come! I'll ask Max to give me some of the medicine Markov made! He gave it to me when I had horrible cramps and fever last week, and it helped in 30 minutes!" Mylene announced, holding her hands together.

The girls all cheered in excitement once more. Marinette looked at Mylene with a forceful smile. "Yes, thank you, Mylene! I'm so excited!..." She put on a cheesy smile.

The bell rang, indicating that class was about to start in 5 minutes. "Come on! Marinette'll take the medicine, and then right after school we rush to get our bathing suits and go to the pool!"

The rest of the girls started walking up the stairs to the first class of the day, while Marinette stayed behind, worrying.

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, you can wear a one-piece or we can put foundation!" I suggested.

She smiled at me. "You're right, I'm stressing over nothing..."

I grabbed her hand, walking up the stairs. "Besides, it'll just be us girls! If anything, you can say it's just marking from a waist trainer or something."

"...You're right, it'll be fun!" Marinette exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Walk home with me, we can choose what bathing suit will help!"

Adrien POV

"Walk home with me, we can choose what bathing suit will help!"

"Nino, Kim come on, isn't this like stalking the girls?" I commented, looking around.

"Nonsense! We were simply overhearing their plans! Now we know that they're going to the pool, and we'll be there too!" Nino deviously chuckled.

"This'll be so fun! Swimming and hot girls in bathing suits, what more could I wish for?!" Kim giggled, blushing.

"And don't even think of not going! Me, Max, Kim, and Ivan will bribe your bodyguard with action figures again, so get your bathing suit ready!"

——————
hi guys, author here, sorry for not uploading a lot. i have author's block often and can't come up with anything without it being half-assed. i will try uploading more though!! thank you ❤️.