visit

Adrien POV

"Again?! But we just saw her!" Plagg whined, holding 2 pieces of cheese.

"Cat Noir saw her. Adrien Agreste didn't." I got my phone, walking out of the bedroom. Plagg groaned, flying into my sweater.

I hurriedly walked down the stairs, immediately getting met by my father. I hesitated, forgetting that I had to ask him if I could go.

"Father, I was wondering if I could-"

"Oh good, Adrien, you're not busy. Come on, we are going to visit Miss L/N in the hospital." He stated, walking out the front door.

My face lit up. "How long are we going to stay there? I wanted to stay long enough to see if she would wa-"

He interrupted me, putting on some glasses. "We're only going 5 minutes, just to answer some questions from the paparazzi about our collab. It'll be a nice look for the media. You can go see her and talk about the collab if a paparazzi is nearby."

I kept a slight smile on, staying quiet. "Should've expected that..." I murmured.

My father walked towards the car, calling me to follow him. The way to the hospital was silent as always. Nathalie parked the car and both of us got out.

Paparazzi swarmed us, flashing their cameras. Multiple microphones were pointed at us, asking questions.

"Gabriel Agreste, what are you doing here?"

"Are the rumors of Y/N L/N helping you with your new project true?"

"Adrien Agreste, fans have been wondering if you have a partner?"

"Are you guys here to visit Y/N L/N?"

I tried to make my way toward the hospital, but was stopped due to the paparazzi. "E-Excuse me." I murmured, slipping through the crowd.

I finally got in the hospital, where Alya, Nino, and Marinette were. "Adrien!" Alya called out, walking towards me.

"Hey... how is she? Have you guys seen her yet?" She nodded her head no, crossing her arms. "We'll see her soon, her aunt is still with her."

I sighed, looking over at Marinette who was glaring at the floor. She had a blank stare, almost like she lost something.

"What happened to Marinette?" I asked. Nino came up to us, whispering. "Ever since she got here, she hasn't said anything besides murmuring 'it's my fault'."

Alya sighed. "Just leave her alone for now, I'm sure she's just worried."

Y/N's aunt walked out of the room, holding a tissue box. She directed our attention to us, smiling. "You must be Y/N's friends..." She whispered, walking closer to us.

"Alya Cesaire, founder of The Ladyblog." She murmured.

"T-That's me!" Alya nervously replied, smiling from ear to ear. "You took a video of my niece and Cat Noir without permission..."

Alya's smile slowly faded away. "I-I'm sorry... I thought that the video would be good stuff for the Ladyblog." She said, looking at the floor.

Y/N's aunt took a deep breath. "She's awake." She murmured before sitting down. All of us looked at each other, quickly entering the room.

There Y/N was, watching TV while eating some jello. Even though she looked tired and worn out, her face lit up when she saw us.

Y/N POV

"A-Adrien! Alya, Nino! Hey!" I smiled, putting the jello down on my nightstand. Adrien was the first to walk toward me, but Alya pushed him out the way.

"Oh, girl, you're okay! I was so scared." She cried out, hugging me. I lightly hugged her back, smiling.

Adrien walked up to the bed, trying to take Alya's spot. "Alya, maybe you should back off, she has 2 IVs in!" He exclaimed.

Alya finally let go, laughing nervously. "R-Right, sorry... How are you though? I heard that you were caught in the Akuma attack that happened earlier..."

"Y-Yeah, the attack earlier! I'm good, the doctors just ran tests to make sure I didn't break anything. Now, I'm just hooked up to some hydration IVs." I explained, showing them my arm.

Nino cringed, looking away. "IVs get me queasy, don't show me!" He whined, shaking his head. I laughed, averting my gaze to Adrien who was looking at me with careful eyes.

"You're staring real hard, Agreste." Alya teased, giggling. Adrien quickly looked at her, getting red. "She's in a hospital bed! I'm just making sure she's okay!"

"Sureee, well, we'll leave you 2 alone!" Alya called out before taking Nino and herself out of the room. They closed the door, leaving us in silence.

Adrien sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You know, your aunt is really protective over you. I'm 99.9 percent sure she doesn't like Alya for posting that video of you and Cat Noir." He giggled.

I let out a small chuckle. "Yeah, she can be pretty protective. Even when I told her I was going to go to Japan for my anime premiere soon, she flipped out!"

He laughed once more, showing his bright smile. I kept my eyes on his face for a few seconds, switching glances between his lips and eyes.

Because he's oblivious at points, he didn't notice that I was staring for a few seconds. "Uh, I'm getting discharged tomorrow! Maybe I can go over to your house for your father's project!" I suggested, nervous about what to say next.

He hesitated. "It would be really fun if you came tomorrow, but you have to rest... you're literally in the hospital!" He mentioned, pointing around the room.

"I'll be fine! You're acting as if I broke all the bones in my body!" I joked. Adrien laughed, placing his hand on top of mine. "I don't want you to be working while you're in pain is what I'm saying!" He laughed.

I giggled, glancing down at his hand placement. "You have soft hands. Does your father make you put lotion on them?" I teased, looking back at him. He quickly removed his hand, his ears turning red.

"Sorry, I didn't see your hand there!" He quickly responded. I shook my head, brushing it off. We stayed silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"Oh uh, Marinette is here as well. Alya and Nino guess that she's really nervous because she hadn't said anything besides "it's all my fault". I bet she just thinks she has something to do with this and is blaming it on herself." Adrien said, his mood changing to something more blue.

I lightly gasped. "Can you- Can you ask her to come in here, please? You know how stubborn her savior complex can be at points! Maybe if I talk to her, she can calm down a bit."

Adrien nodded, standing up from the bed. "Get better... I probably won't be able to come back after this since visiting hours of friends will be over. I'll come back tomorrow morning though! Goodnight, Y/N!" He waved bye to me before walking out of the room.

I felt my heart flutter a bit, almost like relief was lifted from my shoulders. His presence calmed me, it put me at ease.

I placed my hand on my chest, smiling to myself.

A knock was heard from the door. I looked up, getting met with Marinette's tired eyes. My smile faded as I saw her eye bags and puffy eyes. "Marinette..." I whispered.

She closed the door, walked over, and sat down on the corner of my bed. Her head hung low.

"The attack from earlier... thank you." She murmured. I nodded my head. "Yea, no problem, it's a part of being a superhero, am I right?" I tried to lighten the mood.

She looked at me, on the verge of crying. "Y/N... I'm so sorry. I didn't know that they were that many people in need of desperate help. I thought it would be 10 people, max, but more than 30? You could've died! What type of superhero am I, if I put my subordinate's life on the line?!"

I sighed, reaching over for her hand. "I knew the risks. All that matters is that I'm okay and everyone else is okay." I reassured her.

She sniffled. "There's... another thing I have to tell you as well."

I tilted my head. "What is it?"