cat and bug bonding

"You're a teenager who attends that school, don't you?" I asked, despite knowing. Well, Moody Blues and Y/N knew, not Epitaph...

"Yup." He responded, his cat ears falling down. He laid his head up against my shoulder, groaning. "Please don't tell anyone, especially Ladybug! If word got out that I was a student, Ladybug would kill me!" He groaned, acting childish.

I chuckled, patting his head. "Well, if you weren't a student it would be kind of weird... you know, since you're dating that manga artist who goes there."

Cat Noir brought his knees towards him, burying his face in his knees. He didn't respond after I said that.

"Are you okay?" I asked, peeking at his flushed face. He subtly laughed. "Y/N isn't my actual girlfriend. I said she was my girlfriend to the hospital so I could visit her... don't get me wrong though, she's amazing! She's beautiful and a lovely person, but we're not actually dating. She doesn't see me like that." He said with a sorrowful smile on his face.

I stared at him for a while, looking back at the school. "What makes you say that?" Cat Noir shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but let's stop talking about this sad stuff! How long are you going to be fulfilling Ladybug's role? Not that I mind!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Until she gets better? I don't even know if I can even do all this stuff. Last time it only worked out as a fluke." I mentioned, placing my hands on my cheeks.

Cat Noir stood up, reaching a hand out towards me. I looked at him confused. "What is it?" I asked. He took my wrist, making me stand up. "You're going to do just fine, Epitaph! Come on, I know a really good bakery near here. Marinette's parents run it!"

"Marinette isn't here though. She's out of town." I carelessly said. Cat Noir crossed his arms. "What do you mean? How do you know that?"

My body froze. "Well, I saw her earlier this morning and she told me she was leaving!"

Cat Noir placed a hand on his chin. "That explains why she wasn't in class today..." It was quiet for a few seconds until both of us realized what he said. We both darted looks at each other.

"You're in her class?!" I shouted, standing up. He looked below us, watching as the bystanders pointed at us, taking pictures. He rushed over to me, placing a hand on my mouth. "Ok, yes, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that! If I say anymore, I may reveal my identity, and if I reveal my identity then I won't be Cat Noir anymore! And if I'm not Cat Noir anymore I won't be able to be with Moody Blues!"

I started speaking, but it was muffled due to his hand over my mouth. He took his hand away from my mouth, mouthing 'sorry'. "What were you saying though?" He replied.

"Just Moody Blues? What about Ladybug, your lady?" I snickered. Cat Noir looked at me, confused for a few seconds. "Ohh, yeah, I mean, I really love Ladybug! She's awesome too, she's a great partner!" He smiled, putting a thumbs up.

Since he doesn't know I'm also Moody Blues and Y/N, he doesn't know that he told me about having feelings for someone else. Though, it'll still be nice to re-hear it.

"Great partner? I'm assuming you mean romantically. I mean, everyone knows you're in love with Ladybug! Who wouldn't be?" I taunted, crossing my arms. He laughed, copying my actions of crossing my arms. "Well, yeah Ladybug is amazing, but... I don't know, people have to move on."

There it was again. That comfortable silence between us. I've experienced it with him in my Moody Blues form and civilian form, and every single time it happens, my heart starts beating a bit faster.

The wind blew up against us, moving his hair. He sighed, taking out his staff. "Enough with this emotional atmosphere, let's go eat something before I have to go back to class. I have exactly 47 minutes until I have to go back!"

He extended his staff towards the sidewalk, reaching out his hand to me. "Come on, we'll walk around and find something quick to eat!"

I smiled, walking over to him. His arm wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer to him. We slid down his staff, landing on the sidewalk. Little kids were already pointing fingers, murmuring to their parents how Cat Noir and new ladybug were together.

"Holy shit, look how cool this is! It's a poster with a Pink Dark Boy key visual!" Cat Noir exclaimed, running over to a poster. I laughed at how at his childish manner.

"Yea, your 'girlfriend's' anime premiere is coming out next month." I taunted. He did a sarcastic 'haha', and then proceed to look back at the poster.

"But yeah, of course, I know that. I'm like the biggest Pink Dark Boy fan ever! Not to brag, but sometimes I stop by Y/N's house to get some exclusive Pink Dark Boy information!" He brushed his hair with his fingers, flexing.

I giggled, watching as he fangirled over the poster. "Epitaph, look, It's Andre the ice cream man! You wanna go get an ice cream?" He asked with pouty-like eyes. I rolled my eyes. "How can I say no when you're making that face?"

He cheekily smiled, taking my hand. He basically dragged me over to Andre's cart.

"Ah, Cat Noir and Epitaph, right? You stepped in as a temporary Ladybug a while ago, no?" He asked, taking out an ice cream cone.

I nodded. "Yeah! Still getting used to it!" I giggled. Andre's cheeks got red as he clasped his hands together. "Look at you two, just adorable!" He opened the ice cream container, taking out his scooper.

"Black for the mysterious, but wonderful, Cat Noir! Red for the clever, but lovely, Epitaph! Lastly, to top it off, pink! Pink to symbolize the growing love I sense between you two!" He handed us the ice cream cone along with 2 spoons.

Cat Noir took it, smiling at him. "Thank you, Andre, we'll see you another time!" He said, walking away with me. Cat Noir took one of the spoons, eating his half of the ice cream. I took the other, eating some of my half.

"Growing love, huh? Does he think we're in love?" I chuckled. Cat Noir slightly laughed, putting another spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. "His whole thing is about love, even if it's not real, it's better just to let him believe it so he doesn't get akumatized!"

Both of us giggled, finishing the ice cream. After that, we walked around Paris for a while, spending time with the pigeons and taking pictures with little kids.

It wasn't long until he had to go back to class.

"It was nice spending some time with you, Epitaph! I'll detransform somewhere and go to my last class of the day, but around 10 we can patrol again!" He mentioned, taking out his staff.

I nodded my head, taking out my yo-yo. "Sounds like a plan! I'll see you later, Chat!" I yelled out as I latched onto a building and flew away. Cat Noir went in the direction of the school building.

Once I was behind an alleyway, I detransformed, watching as a tired Tikki fell into my hands. She put a hand on her head, sighing. "Watching you eat that ice cream made me hungry!"

I smiled at her, rubbing her cheek. "Don't worry, we're going to stop by the store to get you and Nezu some more cookies and some ingredients for cookies, so I can thank Alya, Nino, and Adrien for coming to see me yesterday."