late night dinner

After I detranformed, I went to the local market and got some ingredients for chocolate chip cookies. It was the least I could do for them visiting me.

Making the cookies was easy. Keeping Nezu and Tikki away from the kitchen wasn't...

"Y/N, when are they going to be ready?! I'm starving over here!" Tikki groaned, her hands covered in chocolate. Nezu laid beside her, holding her stomach.

"I just finished licking the bowl clean... I think I'm going to be sick." Nezu moaned. I glanced at the timer, noticing that it had seconds before it rang.

"Well, they're practically ready. Tikki, you can have 2 and I'll save Nezu's for later." I said, walking over to take the cookies out of the oven.

As Tikki waited for her cookies to cool off, I started wrapping my friend's cookies into cloths.

"Anddd, all done. I'll give them the cookies tomorrow when I go back to school. In the meantime, I'll start doing some work."

"What?! But they gave you a week's break, you should use this time to rest!" Nezu shouted, still holding her stomach. I smiled, rubbing her head. "I'm feeling fine. Besides, I rather have 2 weeks of work already planned out."

I went to my room, turning on some music. For some reason, I had this burst of inspiration. That being said, I used it to my advantage and finished 2 new chapters by 10:19 PM.

"There we go... I just have to mail them when it's due." I sighed to myself, stretching. I looked over at my bed and saw Tikki and Nezu watching a Ladybug and Cat Noir special.

"It's a bit hot in here..." I murmured, walking out the balcony and leaving the door open. I crossed my arms, leaning up against the ledge. My stomach growled soon after. "Right. I haven't ate since hours ago, I should go make something."

I turned around, about to walk inside until I heard a bell jingling. I turned around, seeing a familiar cat standing on the edge of my balcony.

"Cat Noir, hello!" I smiled, facing my body towards him. He stepped onto the floor, cheekily smiling. "Sorry for the late appearance, but I have to make sure Paris' citizens are doing a-okay!"

I giggled. "Where's Ladybug? Or did you just sneak out of your house to patrol?" Cat Noir scratched his head, his mood slightly changing. "Well, Ladybug isn't here, but a new superhero called Epitaph is! I was supposed to go on patrol with her, but she's probably busy..." Cat Noir said, trying to laugh off his emotions.

My body froze. I remember telling him earlier that we would patrol at 10, but I was so caught up in working that it slipped my mind.

"W-Well, if you're not busy, we can go out! I mean, I can transform into Moody Blues or I can stay in civilian form!" I showed him my ring that I still had on.

He looked unsure. "Are you sure you want to go out with me in your civilian form? After the whole dating rumor thing..."

"Right. How did- how did that even happen in the first place?" I asked, glancing at Tikki and Nezu to hide. They read the signal and hid behind my bed where the Miraculous Box was stored.

"Uh, well... When I brought you to the hospital and you woke up, they said they only allowed immediate family and significant others, so the only way I could get in was if I said we were dating..." He murmured, looking away from my gaze.

I felt my body heat up, almost as if I had just ran a mile. My heart started speeding up in pace, butterflies accumulating in my stomach.

Why did I feel this way towards Cat Noir? Why is my mouth curling into a smile? Why is my body heating up so bad?

Cat Noir averted his eyes back at me, smiling. "About going out though, you can go in Moody Blues or your civilian form! Whichever one you feel more comfortable in."

I snapped out of daydreaming.

"Civilian form is fine! There's not much people out at this time anyway, so I think we'll be fine. Come inside real quick, I need to get my purse and a sweater." I walked inside my room, Cat Noir following behind me.

"Sorry if it's a bit of a mess on my desk, I was finishing up on some new chapters." I mentioned, getting my purse and a credit card.

"It's okay! This is so cool, I can't believe a new love interest gets introduced! Are they going to get together?!" Cat Noir started flipping through the pages.

I quickly walked over to him, taking the papers away. "You'll find out soon! Quit looking at the chapters!" I laughed. He tried to grab them, but I kept moving them away.

"You know, this isn't how you should be treating one of your fans!" He taunted, finally grabbing a few sheets of the chapters. Without context, you couldn't tell what the pages meant, so he was just confused.

He sighed, trying to figure out what the pages meant. I got closer to him, holding his wrist with one hand. "I'll take those, thank you very much." With my other hand, I took the sheets out of his hand.

"Okay, that's enough flirting with you two!" Nezu came out of hiding, crossing her arms. We turned to look at her, quickly separating.

"You must be Y/N's kwami! You're so cute!" Cat Noir complimented. Nezu's mood immediately changed to a more bubbly, cuddly attitude. "You're so sweet, Cat Noir! Come on, let's go to that date!" She giggled, flying into my sweater.

"It's not a date, we're just friends!" We simultaneously said. She popped her head out, squinting. "Hmm..."

Cat Noir changed the subject. "Okay then, come on, Y/N!" He started walking towards the balcony, taking out his staff. While he was busy walking, Tikki slipped into my sweater as well.

"Why are we on the balcony, the front door is up there." I mentioned. He stood on the ledge, holding a hand out to me. "Come on, it's faster this way!" He grinned.

I crossed my arms, unsure. "And if you drop me?"

He rolled his eyes. "I won't let that happen! Just hang on tight!" I hesitantly walked over to him, getting up on the ledge. My arms enclosed around his neck, while his arm rested on my waist.

He looked at me, winking. "Enough flirting, let's go!" Nezu called out. Both of us laughed, descending to the ground.

Once we were on the ground, we started walking around, looking what to eat. We soon decided that we would eat at a cafe that was open 24/7, and there wasn't anyone in there.

We sat ourselves down, waiting for a waitress to come by.

"This feels so weird." I whispered to him. "Why?" He responded, looking at the menu. "You don't find eating with one of Paris' superheroes weird?" I snickered, glancing through the menu as well.

"I'm literally eating with a manga artist I'm obsessed with, what are you talking about?" He laughed.

"...you're such a sweet person. I wonder who you are under that mask sometimes."