feelings

After the battle ended, I looked for Adrien. I didn't find him, so I went back home. The city was fine and if he was hurt, we would've heard him.

I walk out to my balcony, standing near the rail. I took out my phone, about to call Adrien. I wanted to ask him why he left when we were looking for Marinette and if he was okay. But then again, I wanted to call Marinette and ask her to meet me somewhere, so we could talk about everything.

"Uh oh, is Moody Blues feeling moody and blue?"

I looked over at Cat Noir who appeared on my balcony. "You love coming here, huh?" I said, placing my phone in my pocket.

He jumped to the floor, crossing his arms. "Well, you're a nice person to talk to, and you revealed your identity to me, so I feel like we should talk about that!"

I jokingly sighed, sitting down on a chair. "Aren't you supposed to be patrolling with Ladybug?" Cat Noir walked over to me, whispering.

"M'lady has been upset with something for the past few days. When I gave her back your miraculous, she got sensitive. We patrolled for a while, but cut it short because she claimed she didn't feel well."

My eyes softened thinking about her. "It may be something personal or the fact she has to deal with saving Paris as well. For instance, because of today, she'll have scars on her for life. Of course, Nezu's power healed her injuries, but she has gotten hurt over and over again protecting people she doesn't even know."

Cat Noir placed his hand on his chin, looking at the Eiffel Tower. "Ladybug is the strongest person I've met. She helps others because she has a good heart..."

A brief pause of silence was brought upon until I started giggling. He looked at me, his ears striking up. "What are you laughing at?"

My laughter shortly ended. "I just... the way you talk about her. You are so in love with her, it's nauseating." I commented, smiling.

His cheeks flushed in a deep red. "N-Nauseating?! Do I sound corny?!" I started laughing again, my cheeks starting to hurt.

Once I calmed down once more, he pouted, looking off to the side. "I... I admit I have feelings for Ladybug, but..."

I stared at him, furrowing my eyebrows a bit. "But?" I continued.

"I-I'm starting to sense some sort of attraction to one of my friends."

I brushed it off, taking it as a joke. "You're funny, Cat Noir. Ladybug is like everyone's dream girl, do you know how many times I've made a self-insert drawing of me and her dating?" I laughed.

Cat Noir started fidgeting with his fingers, trying to squeeze out a laugh. "You're right... she's everyone's dream girl. But she doesn't and will never want me. I think that's a part of the reason why I'm starting to move on. D-Don't get me wrong, she's an amazing partner, but I have to romantically let her go one day."

I stayed quiet, unsure of what to say. "I think it's nice that you acknowledge that you have to romantically move on... who's the girl though? Does she go to your school? Are you even a student?"

He looked away, dramatically stretching. "I uhh, cannot say that! That is very private information since you cannot figure out who I am!"

I smirked, rolling my eyes. "Everything about you screams teenage high school boy. Is she in your class?"

His eyes widened as if I found out his deepest, darkest secret. He crossed his arms, murmuring a 'yes'.

I squealed, clapping. "Oh, chat, tell her! A majority of girls love when someone who is attracted to them goes out of their way and makes an effort. Plus, you have plenty of experience!"

He rolled his eyes, laying his head on the table. "I only act like myself when I'm Cat Noir though. She doesn't know the real me. I don't want to put up a mask when I'm with her, but if I don't, she'll find out who I am."

When people rant to me, I dread it. I'm not the best person you can talk to about your feelings, but when it comes to certain people, I feel sympathy.

"I don't want to say 'show her your true identity', or something like that because then both of you will get put in danger. I... I don't know how to respond." I averted my gaze to the floor, sighing.

Cat Noir stood up, kissing the top of my head. "Thank you for listening to me. I stopped by to see if you were okay. I didn't mean to start rambling about my love life." He walked over to the edge, taking out his staff.

"Goodnight, Y/N." He left, his mood quickly switching.

I stood up, pushing my chair in. I was walking into my room again, about to close the door. "Huh? Hello?" I called out after I heard some shuffling. I looked around, disregarding it as the wind brushing up against the buildings.

"I should really talk to Marinette tomorrow..." I murmured before closing and locking the balcony door.

Ladybug POV

"I should really talk to Marinette tomorrow..."

I gripped into my yo-yo, trying not to make a noise. "How come I didn't know what they were going through..." I whispered, latching my yo-yo onto a building.