love triangle

It's been about 30 minutes since I've been doing sketches of Adrien for his father. Gabriel has been hovering over my shoulder for the past 10 minutes. It's nerve-wrecking, but I'm working on the last sketch.

"Why is it taking you so much time to do this one? All the others were finished in less than 5 minutes." He asked, getting closer.

"I'm going more into detail with this one. If you look close enough, you can see the diamonds that are on the cuffs of his suit." I explained, handing him the sketchbook.

Gabriel took it, humming in response. "This is quite impressive, Miss L/N. I'm offering you this job. If you take it up, you'll have to draw a highly-detailed portrait of Adrien in the clothes I will pick out for him. You'll be paid $5k upfront and then the rest will be paid after your service."

"Hell y- I mean, of course, thank you!" I exclaimed, shaking his hand. He gave me a small smile, walking back to his car. "I have to go do something. Drop off Miss L/N at her house, and then take Adrien to the house." Gabriel directed the last part to Adrien's bodyguard.

Once Gabriel left, Adrien's bodyguard opened the door for us. "Wait, Andre is over there! Let's get an ice cream real quick, Y/N has never tried it before, and it's the least we can do since she's doing this!" Adrien smiled at his bodyguard, pointing over to an ice-cream man.

Adrien's bodyguard looked at his watch, tapping it. "We'll be back soon, it'll take 5 minutes!" Adrien took my wrist, running down to where the ice-cream cart was.

"Ah, Adrien Agreste! It's nice to see you again, where is your friend Marinette?" The ice-cream man asked, smiling.

"Hello, Andre, she's not here, but I brought another one of my friends! This is Y/N, she's new here." Adrien showed you off.

"Ah, a new 'friend'! The more the merrier! Let's see what flavors we should give... mm, green for the flawless model, pink for his beautiful new friend, and red for the love!" Andre exclaimed, dropping a heart-shaped cherry on top.

I took the ice cream, staring at the heart-shaped cherry. "I'm sorry, we're just fr-"

"T-Thank you for the ice cream, Andre! We'll enjoy it just how a couple will!" Adrien exclaimed, slinging his arm over my shoulders. He started walking towards the car, pulling me along with him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to keep up. Adrien leaned towards my face, whispering. "If we tell him we're just friends, he'll freak and then get akumatized. It's best just to keep this front around him."

I stayed quiet, looking back at Andre. He was clasping his hands out of happiness. "Whatever keeps him from being akumatized, I guess..."

"Oh, Marinette! Hey!"

"Marin- Marinette?!" I turned around, meeting eyes with my first friend, Marinette. Her eyes were wide, most likely in distraught at what she was seeing.

"What are you doing here?" Adrien asked, walking towards her with his arm still around my shoulders. I gripped the ice cream cone tighter, averting my gaze to the floor.

I couldn't look Marinette in the eye. Not when her crush had his arm over me.

"J-Just walking around, hehe! What are you doing here?" She asked, over-excitedly. "Well, me and Y/N were doing something for my father, and then I saw Andre, so I decided to get some ice cream with her."

"Oh, well, I hope the 2 of you are having fun! I-I have to go now so... uh, bye..." She whispered, walking away. I lifted my head, watching as she dragged her feet up the stairs.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize I still had my arm over you!" Adrien chuckled, taking his arm off of me. I faked a smile, taking a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.