limits

"I uh, have to tell you something..." Adrien murmured, gripping his gym bag which contained his clothes. I walked towards him, a bit confused.

"What happened? Was the kiss awkward?" I chuckled, trying to ease the tension.

He shook his head. "N-No! I just..." Adrien looked at my eyes, sighing. He grabbed my hand, pulling me somewhere isolated.

"What is it? Did something happen?" I leaned up against the wall, crossing my arms. He was at a loss for words for a moment, but eventually started speaking.

"I... I'm-"

"An Akuma attack!"

I quickly turned my head to the voice. Once I came out of the spot where Adrien took me too, I saw an Akumatized victim roaming the streets of Paris.

"Shit..." I muttered, slowly turning my head back to Adrien. "We have to-... Adrien?" By the time I looked back, he was already gone.

I started looking around, but couldn't find him. In the middle of me searching, I heard Ladybug's yo-yo glide down to me.

"Marinette! Are you okay?" I placed a hand on her waist, holding her up for support. She was out of breath, panting. "There's... there's a lot of injured people. I could reverse them as soon as I use my lucky charm, but it's not enough time. I need you to take the miraculous, get everyone in one spot, and start healing them." She took out the miraculous, handing it to me.

I let go of her, quickly putting it on and transforming. "You can heal multiple people at once, but it will take a lot of energy and you have to do it in one sitting. If you make sure everyone is touching each other, the energy will flow through them and they'll be fine. Only do this to the really injured ones though..."

I nodded my head, taking out my staff, about to go towards the city. Before leaving, Marinette grabbed my wrist. I turned my head, confused. "What is it? Do you need me to heal you as well?" I asked.

She hesitantly shook her head, letting go. "Stay safe, Y/N... Only heal the injured people!" She yelled out before flying away.

After she left, I went towards the city, seeing the catastrophe that was happening. People were bleeding everywhere, some were trapped under buildings, and others had minor injuries.

I landed near a building where 7 people were trapped under. The citizens started crowding over me, begging me to help them.

"O-Okay, I need everyone who has minor or no injuries to go look and bring the most injured people here! I need all the injured in a circle for this to work!" I yelled out.

The few people that weren't injured started running around, bringing people who were half dead at that point.

How could Marinette deal with stuff like this all the time? Was this a one-time occurrence or a part of the job? What would she do in this situation if I didn't have a healing miraculous?

"You look a bit zoned out there!" Cat Noir said, carrying an injured mother and child. "Cat Noir! Thank you for helping..." I murmured, sitting down on the ground with everyone else.

"No problem... uh, what are you trying to do? I was coming to the scene when I heard a group of people saying to get all the badly injured people in a circle." He crouched down next to me, watching as a few people made sure everyone was touching each other.

"I'm going to heal them, well, at least try to heal them. I just need to keep them stable until Ladybug uses her Lucky Charm." I started closing my eyes, relaxing my body.

"W-Wait, you're going to heal all of them?!" Cat Noir raised his voice, placing a hand on my shoulder. I took his hand off, trying to get relaxed again. "Yes, it's the only wa-"

"You can't do it yet! You've only had the miraculous a few times, and trying to heal a lot of people will put fatigue on your body!"

I looked at Cat Noir with my eyebrows furrowed. His eyes softened, almost like a lover looking at their soulmate.

"You go help Ladybug. If anything happens, you know where I live. Just take me there." I reassured him, closing my eyes again.

I heard him stand up and use his staff to go towards Ladybug. I started using my power, immediately feeling the pressure in my head. It felt like a strong migraine.

Next, I felt my legs and arms ache. My stomach was twisting and turning, trying to throw up my lunch. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I knew it was working since I heard the other civilians call out the names of their loved ones, but I couldn't do it any longer... if I carried this on, I would for sure pass out.

"I'm... I'm going to stop..." I whispered, planting my hands on the ground, panting.

"N-No! Please, my daughter still has a deep wound! Just heal this, you can leave the minor ones! Just please save my baby!" A mother yelled out, sobbing her eyes out.

I glanced at the kid, my vision getting blurry. It was true. It looked like she was stabbed with a piece of wood near her heart. If that gets left untreated, she'll die in minutes.

I crawled over to her, placing my hands on her so more of the power would be directed to her. Her wound was slowly healing.

"Thank you... thank you!" The mother sobbed, brushing her fingers through her daughter's hair. I gave her a faint smile before falling to my side.

I couldn't feel my body. It was cold but burning at the same time. My vision was going dark and I couldn't hear anything.

"I need... help."