attraction

Y/N POV

Marinette propelled herself out of the window, latching onto a flag pole. "Come on, what are you waiting for?" She asked, reaching her hand out. I looked around, holding my eyes. "Oh my god! I think I got something in my eye, go without me, I'll rinse some water in them and go after you!"

I heard her sigh. "Please hurry, I'll be looking for the victim!" I heard her voice get quieter as she left. I opened my eyes again, taking out my phone.

"Adrien! Go to the bathroom and transform, I'll meet you outside the window"

Marinette POV
6 minutes later

"Lucky Charm!" I yelled out, a mirror falling from the sky. I put the mirror towards the sky, until the light bounced off of it and blinded the victim.

The victim was a little kid, manipulating stuffed animals. A petty, weak villain, it seemed too easy.

"What's taking Y/N so long? Did something happen to her? Or maybe she just freaked out for some reason..." I thought all of this while yelling out 'Miraculous Ladybug!' and making sure the kid was okay.

Once I was down, people in the town started cheering for me with their phones out. I awkwardly smiled, trying not to show the fact I was a bit upset that Y/N didn't come.

As I did a 360, trying to say hi to everyone, I saw Y/N running on buildings, hopping down to ground level.

A smile appeared on my face again as I jogged over to her, waving. "Blues! What took you so long? I was getting worried!" I laughed, finally reaching her. "Sorry, dry eyes! I've been spending too much time on my phone, you know?" She giggled, putting her hands behind her back.

I smiled, holding her forearm. "Well, it was just a kid, a weak villain! I'm guessing the kid didn't listen to his parents and that's why he got akumatized, but I'm still wondering how he got akumatized... you wanna talk about it on the way back to the premiere?!" I beamed, taking her hand into mine.

"Premiere? Like, the Pink Dark Boy premiere? I'm going there too! In civil form, of course!" Cat Noir jumped down, leaning against his stick.

Y/N turned to him, a smile forming on her face. Not any type of smile, a nervous, 'I don't know what to do to my face when you're around', type of smile.

"C-Cat Noir! What are you doing here? Wait, who's guarding Paris?!" I asked, looking back and forth between Y/N and him.

"Well, I'm here because of the Pink Dark Boy premiere! I couldn't miss it for the world!" He pulled his stick close to his face, twirling in bliss. "Though... I thought Epitaph was still in Paris, but you're here, Ladybug... where have you been all this time though? Moody Blues and I have been keeping watch for a while." He walked over to Y/N laying his arm on her shoulder like nothing.

"...Are you... are you going to ask why she's here? You know, just kind of weird that both of you are here, in Japan, at the same time! With nobody to guard Paris..." I murmured the last part, letting go of Y/N's hand and stepping back.

Cat Noir looked at Y/N, nodding his head. "Right! Moody Blues, what are you doing here? I thought you were back in Paris!" He stepped back, putting his hands against his face in a surprised manner.

Cat Noir is good at many things, but lying is not one of them.

"Same reason! Huge fan!" She anxiously laughed.

The earrings beeped, causing me to take hold of one of them. "That's my cue to leave." I smiled at the 2 of them, taking out the yo-yo to leave.

"Wait!" Cat Noir grabbed my wrist before I could leave. "Where have you been? I love doing stuff with Epitaph and Moody Blues, but I also miss my old partner." He smiled.

"Guess that question has to go unanswered." I smiled back at him. "I'll maybe see you guys again one day, bye."

Y/N POV

Marinette threw her yo-yo to the nearest building, going in the direction of the event again. Adrien and I stood there, with our hands on our hips.

Adrien gasped, looking at the closest clock. "The premiere! It's about to end!" He yelled out, taking out his staff and lunging to the closest building, taking me with him.

He kept stepping on buildings until entering the window he left open from the boys' bathroom. We detransformed at the same time, landing on top of each other.

I looked down at him, smiling nervously and then quickly getting off of him. I heard the crowd cheering and applauding, so both of us ran out, only to be met with the end credits of the episode.

Adrien walked over to his seat, defeated. "Aw man, I'm going to have to pirate it now." He groaned. I glared over at him, raising a brow.

He giggled, walking over to me, placing his arms around my shoulders. "I mean, I'll just wait another week until it's on Crunchyroll to watch it while supporting you!"

I jokingly rolled my eyes, placing my hand on his. "So, even though we didn't really see the episode, you still wanna go celebrate by eating authentic ramen?" Adrien placed both of his hands in mine, his face beaming with excitement.

I smiled at him nodding. "Let me run to the bathroom real quick though! Stay here." I walked over to the bathroom, but got stopped as soon as I saw Marinette leaning up against the wall.

She had the earrings in her hands, but she was looking down like she was upset about something.

"Marinette? What happened, are you feeling okay?" I asked placing my hand on top of hers. Her gaze got averted to my hand. She cupped my hand, caressing it. "Yeah, just thinking about how you guys missed the episode!" She put on one of her fake smiles.

I took the earrings, putting them back in my ears. "You sure? You look a little pale." I put my hand up against her cheek, and the pink color started coming back to her, but she immediately shook her head after.

"I'm fine! Just really tired honestly! You know, I forgot how much of a toll being Ladybug takes on your body!" She laughed, tugging on her mini skirt.

I looked at her, sighing. "Why didn't you come back? What Adrien said is true, everyone has been reaching out to you, but no response... and then I magically see you here. What's up with that?" I stifled out a laugh.

She looked at me in a hesitant shock, but then put her head down. "Nothing. My parents just thought it would be better if we moved back to China, so I could be safe. I came to Japan just to get some stuff, and your premiere was coincidentally on the same day!" She smiled.

I smiled back at her, knowing that what she said was a lie. Yeah, maybe her parents moved her to China because they thought it was safer, but this. Seeing me today, wasn't a coincidence. Getting V.I.P tickets was hard enough since they sold out in minutes, and her being in front of the fan barricade meant she was here for hours.

"I gotta go though, parents must be worried sick about me!" She giggled, tucking some hair behind her ear. "It was uh... nice to see you again, Y/N... tell Adrien I said goodbye as well."

She turned her head away from me, her smile quickly disappearing. I stood in the same place where I was, just staring at her back.

"Y/N! Hey! Some people want to interview us!" Adrien came running towards me, grabbing my hand. "They also told me about this one really good restaurant 7 minutes away from here!"

Marinette POV

"Oh, sweetie, how did it go?" My mother asked, welcoming me with open arms. I walked up to her, laying my head against her shoulder. "It went well. I saw her and we had a lot of fun! The episode was good too!" I smiled at her and my father, getting into the car.

They both got in the car after me with smiles on their faces. "I'm glad you had fun! I know how much it meant to you to see her again." My father commented.

I smiled at their commentary, but it soon dissipated as my phone turned on, revealing the lock screen of me and her at lunch. Originally, the picture also had Alya in it, but I had to, unfortunately, crop her out for reasons.

I unlocked my phone, being greeted with the home screen of her posing while she was in her Moody Blues identity.

"The moon looked so pretty that night, Y/N..."