hospital

first-person POV

"Everyone please back up and give her space! She'll wake up soon!"

A loud ringing entered my ears as I regained consciousness. I felt someone pick me up, taking me somewhere.

"Ladybug, meet me at the hospital! I'll be in the emergency room!"

"I'll be right there! Everyone please, calm down! The paramedics will be right here!"

I slowly opened my eyes, my vision blurry, but I could make out a boy with a black mask. "Cat Noir..." I murmured, slurring my words.

He was holding me with one arm, taking out his staff. "Don't talk, Y/N. I'm taking you to the ER right now, Ladybug is on her way as well." He said, propelling us with his staff.

I felt myself detransform before falling unconscious again.

Adrien POV
25 minutes later

"Claws off, Plagg." I muttered behind a building. "Ok, let's go see wait in waiting room for Y/N in civil form. I'll act like someone called me ab-"

"Uh, Adrien, we have to wait. You just brought her in as Cat Noir, they probably haven't even called her aunt. It's better if we wait about 30 minutes!" Plagg suggested, standing in front of me.

I frowned, looking around. "If I'm Cat Noir, they'll let me wait until they're done!"

Plagg sighed, shaking his head. "Adrien, you need to leave her alone for a while! One thing is stalking her social media 24/7, and another thing is stalking her in a hospital!"

I disregarded anything he says, transforming after he finished his rant. I was correct. They saw me and led me to the waiting room.

There were a few people in the waiting room as well. Some were sleeping while others were reading the newspaper.

"Mm... let me text Ladybug to let her know I'm waiting for Y/N." I murmured, texting her through the miraculous phones.

After I did that, I didn't get a response, which meant she probably transformed back. I didn't have anyone to talk to and they were taking a while with Y/N.

Eventually, after 2 hours, 4 doctors came out of her room. I jumped up from my chair, smiling at them.

"Cat Noir! What are you doing here?" One of them asked, taking off her gloves. "Well, I just saw you guys walk out of that girl's room and was wondering if I could go see how she was doing!" I chuckled, trying to convince the doctors.

They looked at each other, hesitant. "W-Well, we can't say no to one of Paris' heroes, but only family members and significant others can enter the room..."

"I-I'm her boyfriend!"

The doctors all look at me, shocked. I laughed it off, slowly walking to the room. "T-That's right, I'm her boyfriend! Just a boyfriend trying to check up on his girlfriend!" I exclaimed, opening and then closing the door.

Once I was in, I put down the blinds, checking the room for any cameras. "Plagg, claws out." I sighed, walking over to Y/N's bed.

She was sleeping. She had an IV in her arm and a cold towel on her forehead to most likely lower the fever.

"Adrien, what are you doing?! What if a doctor comes in here and sees you?!" Plagg screamed, peeping everywhere.

I stayed silent, keeping my eyes on Y/N. Even though she was sleeping, she was beautiful.

"—and let's not even get started what happens if Tikki finds out!... Adrien. ADRIEN! Are you listening to me?!" He flew up to my face, getting my attention.

He crossed his arms, staring at Y/N. "...You're in love with her, aren't you?"

I started choking on air, getting red. "W-What are you talking about?! I-I mean, she's a good friend a-and I may have some romantic feelings for her, but..."

Plagg snickered, going to peek at the blinds again. "Hate to ruin the mood, but I see a nurse coming this way."

I got up, transforming. Not even 3 seconds after I transformed, the nurse came into the room with a cart of food.

"Cat Noir! What a surprise seeing you here!" She smiled, setting the food by Y/N's nightstand. I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms. "Yup! You know, just visiting my very sweet girlfriend! Just doing what a boyfriend would do!"

She giggled, rolling the empty cart back out. "Well, I hate to break it to you but you may have to leave soon. Her aunt is here and she requested some alone time with her."

My cat ears drooped down. "Right... Well, have a nice day." I smiled at her, walking out of the room. Outside, I saw Y/N's aunt, frightened.

I walked up to her. "Miss L/N, how are yo-"

Before I finished my sentence, she slapped me across the face, tears running down her face.

"... How are you dating my niece and allowed her to get hurt?"

I averted my gaze towards the floor. "I'm sorry, ma'am... I tried getting her and the other civilians to safety."

She sniffled, getting closer to my ear. "Between me and you... I don't think you should be with her. You can't expect to date a superhero and not get hurt."

My heart sank, almost as if someone stabbed it and dragged it down.

She backed up, walking towards her room, slamming the door. I walked out of the hospital, already bombarded with paparazzi.

"Cat Noir, Cat Noir! Is it true that you're dating manga artist, Y/N L/N?!"

"Cat Noir, how long have you guys been dating? Is it serious?!"

"Are you going to go with her during her show premiere?"

"Does she know your identity?!"

"The video from the LadyBlog, were you guys dating at that time?"

All of these people asking questions, microphones in my face, flashes shining in my eyes. It made me all so dizzy. One of the doctors must've told all the staff at the hospital that I was "dating" Y/N, and news travels fast...

"I... I'm sorry, I need to go." I took out my staff, jumping on top of the buildings. I made it to my house, detransforming once I got in my room.

Plagg flew to his cheese cabinet while I checked the LadyBlog and Twitter. "...How does everyone already know that I'm 'dating' Y/N... I told 4 doctors!"

Plagg flew back to me, sitting on my desk. "Well, you are Paris' top hero. You getting a partner is a pretty big deal. Not to mention that Y/N is a famous manga artist. It's like if camembert and swiss had a baby!"

I disregarded his comment, watching as #CATNOIRXY/N became trending on Twitter.

I got up from the chair, throwing on a sweater. "Where are you going?! We just got here!" Plagg cried out.

"We're going to see Y/N, but in civil form."