008: 𝓛𝓾𝓷𝓬𝓱

Ari POV

"Listen, Sunoo! I'm at work. I don't have time to talk right now."

"But mom-"

"I promise, I'll talk about it with mom later. My piggy boss might see me," I said. I looked around at people who were walking. "Oh okay, sorry."

"It's okay. Now go." I disconnected the phone and kept it in my pocket right away. I sighed out of relief, glad that Jay hasn't seen me.

"Hey, let's have lunch later?" Yani asked. I looked at her head to toe, "let me guess — Sir Sim didn't ask you for lunch."

Yani frowns, "yeah, he said he's busy," she sighs. I scrunched my nose and looked at her, "he definitely likes you."

"What?" Yani covers her flustered face. "Nope, nope, nope. He doesn't. Me? Who would like me?"

"Him."

Yani looks at me with a grumpy face and hits me in the arm. I laughed at her while she was continuously punching my arm.

"Okay, okay. Stop! You're turning red!" I said. She stops and covers her pinkish cheeks. "Shut up. Sir Park probably has a crush on you."

"What? No! Disgusting." I made a fake puking face. "It's so obvious, Ari. He likes you. He calls you to go to his office every now and then."

"Well, I'm unlucky if he likes me." I rolled my eyes. "Why do you hate him so bad?" Yani asked.

"He is good-looking but his personality isn't good."

"He's arrogant and such a pig."

"He thinks he can boss around like — I get it because he's our boss."

"He makes this disgusting eyebrow look that he always does."

"He has this disgusting model walk and really thinks he owns the world.

"What else?" Someone asked.

"A-ari..."

"And then he's kinda flirty. He really thinks a lot of people fall for him."

"A-ari. You better stop now."

"Just because he's one of the richest people in Seoul, he thinks he has everything."

"Oh and then?"

"And then-"

"Ari! He's behind you!"

I turned around and my eyes went directly to a good-looking man's face who was smiling at me.

"Come on, what were you saying? Please continue." Jay smiles at me. Making his face look interested.

"I meant my cousin! Yes, yes, yes. I hate him so much! He always bothers me and-"

"So, I'm your cousin now, hm? Ms. Kim?" Jay raises his eyebrow again.

I wanted to cry at the spot. I should've shut my mouth in the first place. Now here he is about to surely fire me.

I smiled with my teeth. "Ey! Sir Park! It's lunchtime!" I looked at my wrist without a watch.

"Happy lunch sir Pa-" I was about to walk away and cling to Yani's arm but he pulls my arm.

"Where's my lunch?" he asks me.

Oh, shoot. I forgot.

I opened my mouth which is about to speak but I didn't know what to say. "Sir, I was-"

"You didn't make my lunch, didn't you?" Jay looks at me and crosses his arms. I gave him a cheeky smile, "I'll promise. I'll do it tomorrow sir," I said in a sweet tone to convince him.