030: 𝓝𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼

Ari POV

It's been a month since I'm working here with Sunghoon. I lasted longer here than at LH hotel. Sunghoon is actually a nice boss. He isn't like Jay who would command me to do anything. He also isn't that bossy. He gives me freedom too.

But let's say it was really different around him. He isn't like Jay who asks me out to go shopping. He doesn't really ask me out to go have lunch with him and pay for his food. He acts like a boss. A normal one.

About Jay, the last time I saw him was here at the restaurant when he got free wings. I never heard of him, except in the news. I still see him do some interviews and stuff but I never really heard about his personal life.

He doesn't call me anymore. He doesn't go to my apartment. As if he cut himself in my life when, to be honest, I still don't want him out.

I'm still having thoughts about coming back to the hotel. But my job here is fine already. I don't want anything than this job. This is what I wanted.

I meet with Yani sometimes. She told me that Jay isn't in the hotel sometimes ever since I left. According to what sir Yang told to her, he was busy with personal life and also busy with business. He was planning something really big that's why he really doesn't have time to rest.

I feel bad for him. Being a hotelier is hard too especially since he's still young to handle a hotel that is known by the world.

But now, I'm here frying some chicken.

"Ari! The chicken!" I looked at the chicken. That's when I realized I overcooked it. "Oh shoot!" I put the deep fryer up and placed the chicken on the plate.

"I am so sorry!" I spoke. "No, it's okay. Is it burned?" Seokjin asked. I looked at the chicken closely. "Not really. Check it out, it's still okay." Seokjin comes near and investigates the cooked chicken, "It's fine. It can still be used."

I sighed out of relief, "thank you. I am sorry. I promise I won't do this again."

"No, it's okay. I mean, 5 more minutes until your lunchtime. You're probably hungry."

"Yeah, a bit," I snickered.

Sunghoon suddenly comes into the kitchen. "Guys! Someone ordered 5 buckets of chicken! All sweet chili! Come on guys!" he shouts.

He really acts like a boss.

"Yes, sir!" I shouted. "No-uh, Ari. It's your lunch. Have your lunch."

"Sir, I still have 5 minutes."

"No, it's fine. I'll help them. Go have your lunch," he said. "Thank you so much, sir!"

I removed my apron and hair net. I hung them at the hook with my name. "See you later!" I pushed the door to our kitchen, leading to the dining area.

And oh my, customers are over the place. I tried to get out of the restaurant. I was feeling a little dizzy since there were a lot of people here.

When I got out of the restaurant. I looked for food that was cheap. I want to eat already.

I work at a restaurant and I can't order at the restaurant I worked at. Amazing.

I decided to stop by a restaurant that was a bit far from ours. I went inside and there were only a few people. It was perfect for me to have peace and the food will be served faster.

I went in line. I chose what food I should order before I grabbed my phone and checked my newsfeed. There wasn't enough news. I was trying to see Jay's Instagram but he doesn't have any updates. His last update was when we went to the mall together. The day I first met Sunghoon. That was a really long time ago.

"Someone's stalking his ex-boss huh?" I heard his secretary's voice from behind me. I looked behind.

"S-sir Yang."

He just smiles. "Is it your lunchtime?" he asked.

I didn't know how to respond. Every time I see him, all I can think about was that moment at the bar. It gives me shivers every time. And what's worst, it's been a month and I still haven't apologized yet.

"Ari, are you okay? You're staring at me." He snaps his finger in front of my face. I blinked a few times and smiled, "y-yes. Yes. Yes. I'm fine."

He chuckles, "I guess what you said is true. I am handsome."

No, don't bring that up.

I looked away. He laughs again, "aw, she remembers."

"Sir, I am so sorry. Please, forgive me. I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing," I said. "I have forgiven you since that day. Now look behind you, it's your turn to order." I looked behind. I completely hopped to the counter and ordered my food.

I can't even order well; I was still stuttering. I can still visualize what happened that time in the back of my brain. When I finally got my order, I went to my table right away. I didn't even dare to look at him. I am still digging my grave. It's been a month too since I kept doing that.

It haunts me.

Someone puts his plate in front of me. He pulls the chair and sits down. I knew who it was. I just kept on eating and stuffed my mouth.

"Slow down, Ari. I'm not gonna eat your food," Jungwon said. I was sweating. I am so embarrassed.

"I can't believe you haven't moved on."

"What if I tell you that Jay Hyung forced me to flirt with you?"

I choked on my food. I grabbed the water and drank it all up to swallow my food. This evil ex-co-worker of mine just kept laughing at me.

"You were what?!" I asked him. He just sighs with a smile and nods. "So, Jay Hyung and I went to the bar to have some fun but then I saw you inside."

"Then?"

"I took a picture of you and sent it to him. That was the day he fired you, isn't it?"

"Yeah. That's why I went clubbing."

"Oh, remember when you-"

"Stop! Stop. Don't even continue! I don't wanna hear it." He chuckles.

"I remember everything, Ari. It was really fun, especially when we did 'that'."

~ ~ ~

that😏