016: 𝓙𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓰

Ari POV

Chewing on burned spam makes me want to spit it in front of him. I should've cooked instead of him losing his mind not even realizing that my apartment was about to burn by him. He even made me clean the broken glass from earlier! Freak the confession dude, that glass cost more than the spam you just burned.

"Is it good?" he asked with a bright smile while chewing. "Yeah, the burned spam was good." I struck the fork through the scrambled eggs. Jay sighs and chuckles. "Sorry for almost burning your apartment." He scratched the back of his nape with a small giggle. "No big deal."

There was silence. Only the car's engines were heard from outside. Even chirping bords and the noise from the next door was audible I can hear someone singing Domino by Jessie J at the shower.

Jay wipes his mouth with a napkin and looks at his phone to check the time. "It's okay if we're late. I'm here anyway," he said. His thumb from his right hand was scrolling at the screen. I put my utensils together and got his plate. He looks at me and grabs the plate.

"I'll wash the dishes."

"Thank you, sir. But I think I should wash because you already cooked for me." I continued to put the plate down, stacking it up with my plate. "You can go ahead, sir."

"I'll wait for you." He pulls out a smile. I smiled back at him and nodded. He stands up and walks to the chair in front of my desk and sits down as I continued fixing the other dishes.

I wash currently washing the plates. Scrubbing the edges of it. Someone interrupts me by calling my name.

"Ari."

"Yes, sir?"

"By any chance, have we met before?" he asks, making me stop scrubbing the plate. My hands slowly moves down to the basin that was full of bubbles of the dishwashing soap. "I don't know, sir." I lift my arm to fix the hair that was going to my eyes. "I answered your phone earlier." I heard the chair's feet creaking in the floors. I suppose he turned the chair around in front of me. "I know, no wonder why my ringtone stopped." I continued scrubbing the edge again.

"You're an ARMY? Love Maze by BTS was your ringtone," he said and giggles. I giggled at him too, "yeah, what about you?" I asked. "I am too. Who's your bias?" he asks. I turned the faucet on to rinse the plates and utensils. "Jhope." I rinsed the clear glass. Jay hums an "okay"

There was silence again. I was just focusing on doing my job.

"I heard what your brother said through the phone."

"What is it?"

"We were classmates before," he informed. I turned around to face him and I was right, his chair was facing me. "Really?" I asked in an unconvincing way. "I don't know. Your brother said he found your yearbook in high school. He saw you and me at the yearbook," he says. I nodded, thinking about my high school years.

I did study at BongSon high school. By any chance, did Sunghoon study there too? Because he knew me so well.

"Where did you study, sir?" I asked. "Well, it's impossible for us to be classmates because I studied high school in America." I faced him again and nodded. "Maybe Sunoo thought it was you," I said. The dishes were already done. I wiped my hands on the towel hanging at the handle of the drawer. "Maybe he did."

I walked to the comfort room and brushed my teeth. I slowly swiped my pink lipstick to my lips and pursed them together. Jay was on his phone. His left leg was on top of his right one while pinned to his phone. I fixed my bag and looked at the mirror to see if I was ready to go.

"Sir, I'm ready," I said and slung my bag to my shoulder. "Alright." He stands up and fixes his hair on the mirror. He looks at me again with his usual smile. "Let's go." He walks past me heading to the door.