043: 𝓝𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓼

Ari's POV

My eyes are so tired. My legs hurt from the nonstop walking and shopping earlier. Good thing I'm laying in this comfortable hotel bed all by myself. No noises and no nagging boss around me. I need to restore my energy for tomorrow.

Except when someone rings my doorbell. It's 9 pm. I know it's a bit early for me to sleep but I am so tired right now. I stood up; my comfortable hour has been broken. I opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" I walked toward my bed and covered myself in the sheets. "I'm booored!" Jay says. I smiled, "stop acting like a kid. You need to find land tomorrow. We need to wake up early," I reminded him.

I flinched when he throws himself and lay down on my bed below my legs. He spreads his arms and whines like a kid. "I can't sleeeeep!" he shouts. "Sir Park, I'm tired," I said.

"Come on." He pouts and shakes his legs. He's like a son nagging a mother and asking her to play with him. "Sir Park, let's sleep already," I said while my eyes are closed.

He still lays down on my bed and shook my legs under the comforter. "I bought alcohol. Come on!"

"Alcohol?! Sir Park, we need to be early tomorrow!" I shouted at him. "I'm the boss anyway. I'll just reschedule if I can't come tomorrow." I didn't respond. I looked at him.

He was still on my legs and fidgeting the sheets while he pouts and gives the puppy eye look while looking at the sheets. "Come on, Ari." He shakes me again. I sighed, "fine," I answered.

He pushes his upper body and smiles. "Yey! Let's go to the pool!" he says. "I don't want to swim, Sir." I got up from my bed. "We are not swimming, silly! We'll just have a drink." He stands up and gets himself out of the bed.

We went to the very top floor to arrive at the pool. He holds the wine that he didn't even buy earlier when we went shopping. He probably bought this before he entered my room and starts whining like a kid who wants to swim literally at night when he has work tomorrow. He can't blame me when he's late. It's his fault.

As we get to the top. The elevator opens and both of us went inside. It was my first time going to the pool of this hotel. It had lights and changes colors. Jay just stared at it.

"I should've thought of that in my hotel. It looks so cool."

I laughed, "you're richer than this hotel, Sir." I sat down at the edge of the pool and put my feet on the water. He does it too while he puts the wine and the two wine glasses he brought.

"What's the wine glass for?" I asked him. He looks at it, "it's romantic," he said. "I won't drink that much. I'm scared I might do something," I stated. "Like what? Flirt with me like what you did to sir Yang?" I hit him in the arm using my fist. "Shut up! Don't mention that!" He just laughs at me.

"This wine is a bit strong. I suggest taking only a glass." He pours the wine into the glass. I look at the half moon shown across the sky. It was in front of us, shining brightly.

Jay picks up his glass and so do I. "Cheers?" We both hit our glass lightly and gulped our wine. It was strong. I felt the bitterness of it. I guess I will take only half of it. It's too strong. I might not wake up tomorrow after finishing a whole glass.

Jay finishes the full glass. I was shocked that he did finish it without feeling the burn in his throat. He looks at the moon, I look at it too.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

"It does."

I turned my head to look at him. He was looking at me already and not looking at the moon. But he looks at it again.

"I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid," he states a fact. I giggled. "I wanted to travel to the moon and watch the earth. I wanted to place my own flag there," he states while laughing. "Why didn't you pursue it?" I asked him. He sighs, "I guess being an astronaut wasn't really for me."

He pours another glass of wine into his glass. He didn't pour mine because it still has half of it. He drinks it once again. He is going to be knocked out tomorrow.

"Naked truths?" Jay asked. I laughed, "what is this a Colleen Hoover novel?" He shouts at me saying, "I am not Ryle Kincaid, excuse me?"

"You look like someone who would hit a girl."

"And did I ever hit you?"

I pouted, still staring at the moon. "Never," I spoke.

Jay sighs before he starts, "Naked truth, I was happy Jungwon didn't come here with us." I pursed my lips together. "Poor sir Yang. I mean, it's his birthday. He's probably still eating and dancing at this hour."

"Your turn."

I looked at the feet on the pool. "Naked Truth, I was jealous when you said someone kissed you." I looked away. I feel so embarrassed saying this right now. "Only to know it was you," he said. "Yeah, I know."

"Naked truth, I still want to be friends with Sunghoon."

"Then why not?" I tilted my head while looking at him. "It takes time. Maybe Sunghoon is not ready or he still hates me."

"Maybe not? Notice that he gave the things he likes to you. Including my employment at his restaurant," I said. "Well, maybe he felt bad because he knew I was stressed," he utters. "Well, even though you're stressed, he wouldn't give me and didn't sigh the land if he hates you right?"

He looks at the wine bottle and tries to peel the sticker off. He clears his throat. "Your turn."

"Naked Truth, you're my ideal type."

He smiles and then looks away. I saw his ears turning red. I guess he was flattered by the fact I said that.

"Really?" He gives me this cheeky smile. "Yes. You just have everything I want in a guy," I said.

"So, you like me?"

"No."

His face turns serious then looks at the pool. "At least I'm your ideal type. I still have a chance," he convinces himself.

He's so funny. He really thinks highly of himself.

~ ~ ~

#cancelrylekincaid