040: "𝓜𝓪𝓱𝓪𝓵"

Ari's POV

I didn't know being a secretary also means carrying the bags of her boss. My fingers are numbing and turning red from the heavy bags of keychains and souvenirs he was buying. But I absolutely enjoy carrying these things because it was worth the vacation. I also got to buy a lot of stuff from stores elsewhere.

"Do you want to stop here?" he asks. I definitely want to stop but go again. Everything here just amuses me. "Sure," I said.

"I think these are ice flakes? Would you want one?" he asked me while looking at the menu. "Sure. I would like the Mango-Banana one," I answered. "Okay, I'll go with the Mango-Coconut."

We got a seat and sat down tiredly. I put the bag down and massaged my fingers. "I, no longer feel my fingers anymore," I said. He snickers, "so do I. There are a lot of things to buy here," he said and leans on the chair.

"We should probably sleep early since we'll look for land tomorrow," he said. I just nodded; I couldn't speak because I was catching my breath. All I did was close my eyes and sit down.

The lady gives us our ice flakes. My tired eyes just opened wide as soon as I saw them. It was mesmerizing to see. It was like snowflakes with chocolate syrup. Bananas surrounded and some sprinkles on it. It was tall and placed in a bowl. Not an ordinary bowl, but it was like a coconut.

I took my phone and took a picture of the ice flakes. I looked at Jay's, it was the same as mine but sprinkled with coconut. He was also taking a picture of it.

"Let's take a picture." He lifts his phone up. I made a peace sign while he takes the picture.

I grabbed the spoon. I scooped a full spoon of it and placed it inside my mouth. It was delicious. The mix of Mango and Banana, of course.

"This is so good. Try mines," he said. I used my spoon to scoop some of his ice flakes. "That taste better than mine!" I spoke. "Let me taste yours," he said. I scooped my spoon of ice flakes and pointed it to him. He tastes it from the scoop that I did.

I absolutely don't care if it was my spoon. I'm used to it now.

"It's good! I like yours better," he said. "Oh, then let's switch," I said. "No way! I paid for this and this is much more expensive than yours!"

"That's 300 pesos. It's expensive for me but you're a millionaire."

"Correction. Billionaire. How many times will I tell you that?"

I smirked and just ate my ice flakes. "I can give you some. Here." He uses his spoon to scoop some and gave it to me. I opened my food as he feeds me. I chewed on the flakes while he looks down and smiles.

"Sana all."

I looked at the lady who gave us the ice flakes beside me. She smiles at me, "you guys are a cute couple," she states. We both choked on the food we were eating.

"W-we're not a couple," I said. "Ha?" She tilts her head. "She's just my secretary," he said. "Wow, secretary moments," she said. I didn't understand her point. She just went back to cleaning.

"But you guys would be a great pair," she said. Jay laughs, "I like that," he said. I pouted and tried not to smile. We need to focus, Ari.

"Then court your little secretary," she said. Jay looks at me, I bit my left gum. "I am. She just doesn't know."

I need to get away from this situation.

"Good. But make sure to be a good husband," she states. "Don't get someone who is irresponsible," she warns. "Do I look irresponsible to you, Ari?" Jay asked me. I cleaned my bowl without leaving any leftovers. It was so delicious that I want to order again. "Not," I just answered.

"Then, answer your boss?" she said but in a questioning way. "No way. I can live on my own." Jay scoffs, "I give you a salary. You can't live without the money I give you," he fights back. "Yeah, yeah. You didn't even say you were courting me."

"Nako! That's a lot of trouble! Much worse than knowing my boyfriend is my fiancé already! He didn't even propose!" she states. Jay laughs, "how did that happen?" he asked.

People here are so interesting. Just full of surprises.

"That's much worst, ma'am," he said. "Yes, it is. Especially he's a prick."

"Mahal!" a guy called. She bit her bit and rolled her eyes.

Jay and I looked at each other. We smiled together. It was so cute witnessing couples here now. Especially since we were the only ones eating here.

"Mahal." The guy enters. Jay eyes me, "Is that her husband? What's mahal?" he whispers. I just raised both of my shoulders.

"We should probably leave by now. Looks like they aren't on good terms," I whispered to him. He just nods and tried to mind our own business.

Then, small arguments were heard. I didn't understand a thing because they were talking in Tagalog. But from the situation, they were arguing about something. But the only word that kept on repeating from the guy's mouth was "mahal".

Jay who was typing something on his phone was unbothered. I think he's busy with something. After that, he leaves his phone on the table, the google translate app was opened but I didn't mind.

"Let's go?" Jay asked. I just nodded. We might be interrupting a moment. "We'll go now," I said to the lady.

"Sure! Have a nice vacation! Nako! Jek, tantanan mo nga ako! (Gosh, stop bothering me.)"

We got out of the situation as soon as possible. Jay and I looked at each other. My hands are again numbing from carrying all the bags. He smiles at me, "that was horrifying. Good thing we got out of there," he said. "It was scary. I didn't want to be involved. I also didn't understand a single thing."

"Should we go home already? Or a bit later?" he asked. "How about you?" I asked him. "I could go with any."

"I want to stay up until the night before we go back to our hotel," I said.

"Okay then, as long as I'm with you, Mahal."

"Mahal?"

"Hurry! Let's do more shopping!"

Mahal. . . ?

~ ~ ~

Mahal = Love

<3