021: 𝓕𝓵𝓲𝓻𝓽

Ari POV

My fingers are starting to hurt because of searching for jobs online. Unfortunately, I didn't see a job that is compatible with me. It gave me a headache. I had 5 strikes of coffee.

My biggest regret was sneaking out instead of just following his orders. I need the money for everything that makes me live. I even feel like the air has to be paid too.

I looked at the thick envelope of cash that Jay gave to me earlier. I don't even want to count how much was inside. It just gives me the memory from earlier.

It still breaks my heart. His words did hurt because I thought he trusted me and he will never do that to me. I, at least, did everything he wanted.

Maybe he would've considered me sneaking out if I just didn't hang out with Sunghoon. I do know that Jay and Sunghoon are rivals and they hate each other. But he's right, I should've thought about that earlier.

I checked the time on my phone as it appeared to be 8:45 in the evening. A flood of text notifications was from Jay. Reading them makes me wish I didn't meet him.

Who would know this sweet loving boss is this harsh? B*tch is his middle name since he is one.

I felt stressed. I want to do something fun and just look for jobs tomorrow. I want to forget everything that happened today and think about myself only. If I could just bang my head on hard concrete, I could've done it earlier before I went home.

But clubbing came across my mind. I wanted to drink, dance, and talk with strangers. I wanted to move on and mind my own business today.

I closed my laptop and stood up from my bed. I opened my closet and searched for some clothes to wear. I picked a red dress. It was fitted and above the knee but I didn't mind. I'm aware of my actions and surroundings.

I took a short bath to at least be fresh before I enter the club. I wore the red dress with the heels I wore the first time Jay hired me. I won't walk too much and just sit down while talking to random people. I swiped my red lipstick on my upper lip and pursed it with my bottom lip. I chose a small purse which included my lipstick, wallet, and phone. That was all I could bring. I can't bring a large bear just as large as Jay's ass.

I opened the door to my apartment. I turned the lights off before I went outside and locked it. My heels were clicking on the wooden floor of the hallways. It was empty and it was only me walking alone. The buzzing of the lights was audible, it creeps me out sometimes.

♡♡♡

"Chug up!"

"Finish the glass!"

"Dance with me!"

I regret staying here instead of just watching Netflix at home. It's quieter and more peaceful. But I chose this anyway so I'll spend the whole night here.

"One more bottle of soju, please," I ordered. I was in front of the bar part where the bartenders mix their drinks. It was better here than sitting in front of a bunch of creeps. I should be aware and protect myself. I was half drunk. My mind was still on set but my eyes are starting to blur.

As I received the bottle of soju, I quickly poured it into my cup and drank straight from it.

For every drink that I pour and drink, my mind was starting to spin. Until later on, I was fully drunk.

I went up to the dance floor and started spinning around. I moved my body and just danced as my life depends on it. I didn't care and it was like I even forgot my name.