020: 𝓑𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓷

Ari POV

"I promise that I will love you entirely."

He chuckles softly.

"I, Jay Park, will love you forever, Kim Ari, my future little chef."

The video stops right when I threw my phone across the bed. I covered my face with my hands.

"That can't be us!" I whined and lay down. My hair scatters on the sheets I look up with furrowed eyebrows.

"I, Jay Park, will love you forever, Kim Ari, my future little chef."

"Aish!" I screamed and started moving around the bed like a kid who didn't get a toy from a toy store. "This isn't real?! When did this happen?!" I was starting to cry because of the video.

"Does this mean I dated him before?"

"Did we meet? But he studied in America?!"

Thoughts were running errands. It doesn't get tired because overthinking is already a sport to me. I was convincing myself that it wasn't us but our voices were so clear. And the way he mentions his name and my name. This isn't true! It can't be, right?!

"What if it's Jay Park?! The American rapper?!"

"Aish, Ari! What are you thinking?!"

"It might be a different Jay Park. But it will never be him!" I stood up straight, still with my eyebrows furrowed.

"I need to ask sir Park about this."

♡♡♡

I entered the hotel at exactly 7:30 am. I saw some staff circling a person that was near the receptionist area. Because of curiosity, I decided to check what was it about.

"We're glad that you're back, sir Yang!"

"Thank you! I feel better now so I am here glad to work again."

I stood in front of him in the circle. "Hi, sir!" I waved. "There you are! Thank you for handling my job well," Jungwon said. "I'm glad you feel better now. Sir Park is such chaos!" I complained. He giggles at my words.

"Speaking of sir Park, he wants you in his office about. . ." He checks his watch. "Now," he continues with a word. I nodded with a smile. "Okay, sir."

"Come with me, I'll bring you to his office."

"Thank you, sir Yang!" I followed him on the way to the elevator.

I wasn't informed by Jay that Jungwon would be back. Maybe Jay wants me in his office to bring me back as a receptionist. Well, finally, I didn't want this job anyway.

Being a secretary was alright. The thing I hated about it was my boss.

We arrived at Jay's office. Jungwon knocks on the door.

"Come in!"

Jungwon opens it and signals me to go in. "Ari! Come in, please. I would like to make a nice conversation with you," he says. I just nodded while keeping my mouth shut. Jungwon closes the door as both of us were left in the office.

Jay places a thick envelope on his table and pushes it towards me. I checked the envelope and saw loads of cash inside. My eyes were mesmerized and the smell of the bills made me smile widely. But I was curious what it was for.

"Sir? What is this for?" I asked him. He smirks and raised an eyebrow.

"Your final salary."

My jaw dropped. I remember the time at the cinema when he told me that he will fire me. This is the end of me.