045: 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓯𝓪𝓼𝓽

Ari's POV

Why is food so expensive here?! Is it always like this? Everything is so expensive here. I have to use my salary to buy food and cook for both of us.

I looked behind me; he isn't awake yet. He told me to be early but here he is rolling in my bed with his eyes closed. He's going to be insanely mad if he finds out we're going to be late.

I'm early already. It's 5:30 am and I'm already making some breakfast. It would also be rude if I only cook for myself. Jay is here, I should cook for him too. I mean, he might give me a higher salary. But it would also be rude for expecting him to give me a high salary when he paid for everything for me on this vacation. The only thing he didn't pay is the breakfast food.

I'm still getting thoughts of Jay's weird behavior last night when he was drunk. It still runs around my head how he sees me as his girlfriend and that he just met me and missed me. It makes me think if I'm drunk, do I act like this too?

The last time I was drunk, I kissed him. He said I kissed him first so I do believe I did. Is that how much alcohol lessens my dignity? I wonder if I did anything or say anything that night. Did I also say he's my boyfriend before and I missed him? Yeah right, I'm not as crazy as Jay who acts like a pufferfish when he's drunk.

I hear the moans of a person who is about to wake up. I smiled while looking at the frying spam on my pan. I remember when he cooked in my apartment, he burned the spam because of his crappy confession. He doesn't need to pay for the glass. Why would I ask him to pay for my glass when he gives me a high salary, pays for my plane ticket, pays for my hotel, and pays for almost everything I'm not even asking for. He showers me with money even though I only needed my salary.

"My head hurts," he whines. I looked behind me and there was Jay trying to sit up straight. "Hello there," I greeted him with a good morning smile. He looks around still with sleepy eyes. But his eyes open fully when he realizes.

"Why am I in your hotel room?" I ask while holding his head. "Maybe if you didn't drink that much wine, maybe you would've slept in your hotel room without a headache." He gasps really loud. Is he that shocked?

"I was drunk?! I thought. . ."

I think his brain is malfunctioning and trying to remember what he did. He gasps again, "I thought I was a pufferfish." I laughed loudly while putting the spam on the plate.

"But how did I end up here?!" he asks me. "Well, I couldn't look for your keycard, sir," I answered. "It's in my jacket, on the inside! I have a pocket in the inside."

I should've checked his jacket rather than looked and patted his pockets. I wish he didn't remember anything.

"Wait I'm remembering something," he says. "We were in front of my room then you were patting my pockets."

Oh my. Please, I swear to my life sir Park.

I bit my lower lip while staring at the spam. I couldn't think straight I still feel the embarrassment run through my veins.

"Ari!" he shouts. This guy is going to scare me to death. "Y-yes?" I still stared at the spam.

"Did you. . ."

No. . . Don't.

"How dare you!" he shouts. I turned around and smiled, "Sir, I didn't mean to touch your-"

"How dare you! You're burning the spam! Are you trying to kill me by burning the whole hotel?!" he scolds me. I looked at the spam and it was burned! I turned the stove off quickly while I fanned the smoke coming out. I burned a spam, but at least he didn't remember.

"I'm sorry, sir Pa-"

"What do you mean by touch?"

I bit my lower lip once again. I just exposed myself. I shouldn't have overreacted and let him talk. Now I need to suffer from embarrassment. I would like to dig my grave.

"Let's have breakfast, sir Park." I changed the subject. "Alright, I'll just go to my room to brush my teeth." He stands up and fixes my bed before he leaves the room.

As soon as he closes the door, I sighed with relief. I'm glad he doesn't remember a single thing except being a pufferfish. I won't ever come with him when he's drunk. I would leave him there and mind my own business.

He knocks on the door right when I placed our breakfast on the table. I wiped my hands using the towel and opened the door to let him in. We sat down and had breakfast together.

"I'm surprised you woke up early even though you're drunk last night," I said. "Business is business, Ari." I giggled. "Your brain is still at the office even though you're asleep," I joked. "That's how CEOs work, love."

"So, we're going to look for land, right?" I clarified. "Yes. I prefer a big one actually. I want to make this hotel the best in Boracay!" The way he's so confident about it makes him so cool.

"And when it's finished. We can go here anytime you want!"

"We?"

"Yes, we! I'll pay for everything. Plus, the hotel is done so we can stay at the hotel."

I smiled at the dish that I was eating. "How sweet of you," I said in a calm tone. Jay stays silent for a second then talks again. "You don't believe me?" he asks.

I look at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. I pursed his lips together and looks at his spam. Then he puts his hand on mine and holds it while he caresses it using his thumb.

"I really love you, Ari."

"I want to do everything for you."

"Don't you notice the way I give things to you? How I protect you and how I want to spend time with you?" he asked. He looked sad and disappointed but I just gave him a smile. "I know, Sir Park."

"Then why don't you love me? Are you blind?" he asked. I giggled. "I'm not ready to be in a relationship, sir."

"Then I'll wait for you."

"I'll wait for you until you're ready."

I looked at him then his dish. "We'll be late, sir," I reminded. "Alright." He continues to eat his breakfast.

Jay really has a thick face and has the confidence to say I'm blind when he doesn't even see that I'm confused about whether I like him or not.

Is he the one who needs glasses? Or I do?

~ ~ ~

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH