028: 𝓢𝓲𝓻 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓲𝓻 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓴

Ari POV

"Someone kissed you?!"

I didn't get to answer Sunghoon's question because of the sound of the telephone. I looked at Sunghoon whose tongue was in his right gum. I wondered what the telephone call was all about.

"Someone wants to order. Why don't you answer the phone, Ari? Let's see how you get customer's orders."

"Sir, that isn't my job."

But I still answered the phone before it disconnected by itself. There was a huge silence from the other side of the call so I decided to speak. To also impress Sunghoon.

"Hi! This is Park 30 Restaurant. How may we help you?" I asked but no one responded. "Hello? This is Park 30 Restaurant. How may we help you?" I louden my voice and exaggerated my words. Looking for the voice that should speak.

But instead, the caller just dropped the phone. I put the phone out of my ear and returned it back to its place. I looked at Sunghoon, his hands were on his waist, giving me this serious and bossy look.

"Who was that?" he asked me. "No one. No one spoke," I said. He just nods and licks the top of his lips. He bites it too; he was trying to remove the dry skin of his lips.

The phone rang once again. I automatically held the phone and put it in my ear. Maybe the caller was back.

"Hi! This is Park 30 Restaurant. How may we help you?" I repeated my line. There was another huge silence. It was making me curious since the caller just keeps on remaining silent.

But a familiar voice spoke.

"Ari?!"

My widened eyes looked at Sunghoon who was curiously looking at me. "What?" he mouths while he raises both of his eyebrows.

"S-sir Park?!" I stuttered. "Sir Park?!" Sunghoon reacts too. The phone suddenly drops making me bring it back quickly.

"Oh no."

"He knows my job now. He's gonna go crazy after he finds out I work at your place!"

"Why is he gonna go crazy?! As if he likes you!" he shouts disappointingly. "Why? Does he like you?" I didn't answer because I don't want to answer.

I just want to hide. I want to go home and hide from everyone.

The phone from my pocket rang. My heart races faster than the speed of lightning. I knew who it was. I already knew I was in trouble.

But who is he? What is his part or role to stop me from working here? This is my life. He's just Jay, I'm Ari.

I grabbed my phone from my tight pocket since I was wearing jeans. I looked at the caller and sighed out of relief. It was my brother.

"Who is that?" he asked. I answered the phone already before answering him "My brother."

"Sunoo? What's up?"

"You got fired?!"

"Shhh! Don't be too noisy! Mom will kill me!" I tried to whisper. "Then where do you work now? How about Jay? How about your salary? How about everything?"

"Sunoo. Just because I got fired, my life is falling apart. And I already found a job which suits me better," I said. "Right away?! What job?"

"A cook."

He gasps. It was loud. "It's not that shocking," I said. "Yeah, it isn't. I just wanted to react for fun."

"How much is the salary there? Who's your boss? Is he a guy? What restaurant do you work at? Is it famous? Do you work 24/7? What food do they sell? Is your boss rich?"