026: 𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱

Ari POV

"Should I slice this small?" I showed Sunghoon the small sliced carrot. "Make it bigger," he said. I sliced the carrot one more time. A bit bigger than how I sliced it earlier. "How about this?" I showed it to him.

Sunghoon puts the cap of the pan down. He walked toward me as I turned around to look at the carrots. I put the knife at the carrots, measuring how I should slice them.

When suddenly, two hands slide through mine. It shivered me but I didn't mind. Sunghoon holds the knife with my hands and sliced the carrot. He grabs the sliced carrot and shows it to me.

"This is how it should be," he instructs. I opened my mouth and nodded. I lay my hand as he puts the carrot on the palm of my hand. I turned around and used the carrot as my basis.

"Those should be perfectly sliced. I don't like an imperfect dish." I giggled at him. "Perfectionist, huh?" I smirked. "I'm perfect so everything should be."

"Okay, Mr. Perfect."

He laughed. "Love that," he utters while snickering. "Yeah, right. I'm done chopping the carrots."

"Cut more."

I relaxed my arms looking at him. "Are you complaining?" Sunghoon asks. "No. But you said one carrot is enough."

"I'm your boss, Ari."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "you sound like your stepbrother." I turned around and got another carrot from the basket. It was the last carrot in the basket.

"Cut two more."

I looked at the basket again. "There is only one carrot left. The one that I'm cutting now," I said while chopping the carrots. "Cut two more," he repeats. "Sir, I said that-"

"Cut two more."

I stabbed the carrot that I was slicing with a knife. Sunghoon looks at me shockingly. "Are you flouncing at your boss?" Sunghoon smirks.

If Jay's habit is raising his eyebrow. His habit is smirking.

"Sir. I said we only have one carrot left which I am chopping right now."

"Chop two more."

My blood started boiling. Is this guy serious? Did he hire me to annoy me?

I grabbed the knife and pointed it at him.

"Why don't I chop your carrot instead?" I tilted my head. "My carrot?"

I moved my knife down looking at his part. I then eyed Sunghoon who was paralyzed and looked at his part.

"Should I chop your carrot too?"

Sunghoon covers it with his hand and shook his head panicking. "N-no. T-two carrots are fine." He instantly turns around nervously. I silently laughed at him.

He's so cute when he panics.

"I can't believe my employee is about to end my life here."

I laughed while chopping the carrots. "What do you mean your life? Sir?"

"Excuse me? This thing is my life. How can my wife and I make make a baby without this."

I pursed my lips. "Sir, can we not talk about this?" I looked at him. He was just smiling at me. The way he looked at me was awkward but made me want to burst out laughing.

"Sorry. That was too personal." Sunghoon flushed pink cheeks and covered his face. "That was too personal, sir."

"Too personal." I exaggerated my words.

Jay POV

I was swimming as fast as I can. How much I did this, I needed to win.

But it's no use.

I got out of the water and removed my goggles. "Unfair!" I shouted at my secretary. "8 points for Yang Jungwon!" he celebrates. "I won the last round, Jungwon."

"Yeah, and just a reminder. You have 3 points," he snickers. I'm about to fire this guy.

"Who thought of racing anyway?!" I whined. "You, sir. You." I looked at Jungwon with a glare. He looks away because of nervousness.

"I'm sorry. I need this job, sir. Please don't fire me." I laughed. "What're you talking about? My stomach hurts from laughing already," I said. He slowly chuckles awkwardly when he starts to laugh too.

"Let's take a break for a minute," I got out of the pool while Jungwon follows. We wiped our hair with the towels. I sat down on the chair and leaned.

"Now, this is the break that I wanted." I closed my eyes and grinned. "You deserve it, sir," Jungwon said.

"I noticed you seemed to piss the following days. Ever since Ms. Kim left."

"Hey! The only reason why she doesn't want it here in the hotel is that she was scared to face you." I pointed at him. "Me?! Why would she be scared of me?!" he asked. I didn't answer to make him reflect on what happened. He opened his mouth and laughed.

"She remembers what happened at the bar?" he asked, still laughing. "She suddenly remembers. Now, she wants to dig her own grave."

"I told her to apologize but she said she needed time to think of her life decisions."

We both laughed at the same time. "Did I just ruin her image?" I slapped my lap at his question. "You did. You should've seen her face when she found out it was you. It was wholesome!"

The whole room was just full of our laughing gags. We just couldn't stop laughing, he too. The break we're having just makes it feel like a vacation with him.

Laughing with him feels like a whole relaxing vacation.

"You know, Jungwon, it's so fun being with you. I don't regret making you my secretary." I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "I don't regret working here, sir," he said.

"Not only you become my secretary, but I think I consider you my best friend now," I said. Jungwon smiles at me.

"I'm happy to be your best friend, Jay Hyung."

♡♡♡

"Then I saw him smashed his face on his plate of cake!"

Jay burst out laughing because of Sunghoon's story. "No way! You should've joined the fight so you would come home with cake on your face!" Jay jokes. "Hey, you want me to smash your face with cake?" Sunghoon says in a serious tone of sarcasm.

"Try smashing my face on cake, I'll smash your ass."

They seriously looked at each other when suddenly they smiled and laughed. They even fell to the floor because of laughter. "You should've seen that guy's face when he was smashed with the cake!"

The room was filled with laughter. Laughing and spending time with him makes me feel like I'm on a relaxing vacation.

"You know, I don't regret meeting you," Jay said while they both stared at the ceiling. "Me too. I don't regret you being my best friend," Sunghoon said too.

They were each other's comfort place.

Jay and Sunghoon look at each other and snicker once again.

"No one will replace you as my best friend."

~ ~ ~

i still can't go over what sunghoon said LMAO

Love you all <33