058: 𝓙𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓵

Jay's POV

A knock was heard on my door. I smiled. I did guess that it was her who was knocking on my door.

"Come in!" I delightfully said with a smile. The door opens.

"Jay."

My eyes traveled to the person by the door. I looked back at my computer.

"What are you doing here, Sunghoon?" I asked. "I just got you some of your favorite chicken," he said. He places the chicken on my desk. I smiled. "You need something don't you?"

"Not at all. Am I not allowed to eat with you?"

"Yes, you are not."

"Wow! When you invited me to your pool, I came. Now that I'm inviting you for lunch, you wouldn't agree?!" he scolded. I laughed, "You peed at my pool."

"I peed?!" he shouts while I nod. "I PEED?!" he says once again, I nodded.

"You were the one who peed! You freak!" he shouts. I pulled my tongue out and stood up. I'll get the plates. Stay here."

Sunghoon sat down while I was getting some plates in my storage room. "How's the Philippines?" he asked. "Good. I enjoyed the beach and was able to find land for the new hotel. How's the restaurant?" I asked while putting the plates on the table.

"Everything is going well. But inflation sucks." I chuckled. "I noticed that prices are getting higher," I said. "It is. It's like I can't even pay for my food now."

"So you do eat customers' leftovers."

"Disgusting, Jay. Disgusting." I laughed.

We continued eating our chicken wings. Sunghoon's recipe for his wings is something else. Nothing compares to the taste of his food. It brings back the old days when he used to cook for me too.

"I wonder when will you give the recipe for this chicken," I asked. "When you learn how not to pee in the pool," he jokes. "I hate you." I harshly took a bite of his chicken and rolled my eyes. "I hate you too," he replies.

There was silence in the room. We just focused on eating our chicken until he broke off the silence with a topic.

"I heard Ari and you are together now."

I didn't make eye contact and just continued looking at the chicken I was eating.

"Jealous?" I uttered. Sunghoon doesn't say a thing.

Sunoo's POV

I sighed harshly and threw the book across the room. I am never going to open that damn journal. I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes.

"Why am I so invested with my sisters' past? As if I was the one who lost all her memories." I stood up and sighed once again. "I just know mom is hiding something from her. The voicemail of Ari's boss saying I love you to her. I sent it to her but she ignored it."

"Then this journal of Ari in my mother's closet? Why will she hide it? It's not even hers."

"And most of all," I went towards my picture while staring at a specific man's picture. "This Jay Park, Ari's boss. Who is he?"

He was so familiar when I first met him. But I don't remember. I was probably 3 or 4 at that time.

There were a lot of thoughts in my head. Finding connections and conclusions to what mom is hiding from her.

I grabbed the journal once again. The lock was stuck in the book so I couldn't cut it. I also can't find any supplies that can be used to cut the lock.

Even though her photobooks, I'm trying to find stuff even in her room. There might be something connected. A passcode that is hidden for this journal. But even how much a smarty pants I am, I couldn't find any clues. But I do know a person who knows the passcode to this. It's none other than my mother. But she always gets mad if I ask Ari all about her past.

But maybe there was something about Ari's past.

I'm sure Park Jay was a part of it.

I just need to find out who he is in her life.

Jungwon's POV

I pressed the last floor on the elevator. I was on my to my office. I just grabbed a coffee outside for a while and took a break after the paperwork that Sir Park has got me into. I needed a lot of caffeine for me to wake up and work straight.

The floor stops on the 3rd floor, someone probably needs to enter the elevator as well. I drank my coffee as the elevator door opened. I put my coffee down and my eyes widened to see a familiar figure meet my eyes. He entered the elevator with a stern face.

It was quiet, no one spoke, but I did break the silence.

"What are you doing here?" I asked earnestly. I remained my sight in front, but never at him. "My boss is here. He met with your boss," Ni-ki answers. I sighed and drank my coffee once again.

"I can see you don't work pretty hard," Ni-ki arrogantly laughs. I scoffed with a smirk, "I can see your sales aren't good lately because of inflation," I said.

"It just shows I just have a fun time here and I still get a lot of money than you do," I added. Ni-ki turned his body to look at me. "You're so arrogant, you think you know everything."

I turned to him as well, "At least maybe I do. You're just stuck there, not on my level."

"It's your fault, you saw me as a competition," he says. "You first saw me as a competition. I never saw you that way until you did. I tried to help you get up but you were so arrogant."

"You never helped me. You only pretended to step down on me."

I stepped forward towards him. "I never did that. I loved you as my best friend and as a brother in my heart. Now don't turn the tables to me, Mr. Nishimura."

"And don't act so humble and innocent, Sir Yang. You betrayed me by putting me down."

"Because I had to, it was for my college."

"And that was also for my mother. That cash prize was for her. Because of you, she died without getting to see my victory." I silenced. Ni-ki just stared into my eyes with anger while I stared at him with guilt.

The elevator door opens.

"I'll see you again," I said and walked first.

"And I never want to see you again." I stopped my steps. I just took a deep breath, never turned back, and walked again.

As soon as I was about to enter my office. I heard my boss' door harshly open. I heard loud shouts from the office. I listened without looking back.

"I really won't come again!" Sunghoon shouts. "You don't have the right to interfere in my relationship, Sunghoon!" the bold voice from my boss was audible across the hallway. The employees were out, witnessing the argument.

"You are so embarrassing to cause an argument, Jongseong." That's when Sir Park closes the door. I just know Sunghoon is standing in front of his door.

"Let's go, sir," I heard Ni-ki talking. "Let's go," Sunghoon replies and leaves.

~ ~ ~

hi everyone! i am back again from the dead!

I will be updating my books often. I will be posting weekly!

And also, we're almost near to the special part. Stay tuned!

Love you all!

- riwon <33