35| From The Outside Looking In

It's been five days since Briella's surgery

It's been five days since Briella's surgery.....she still hasn't woke up.
Her brothers have been taking turns on sleeping overnight with her. Damon came to terms that he was wrong, he rarely makes mistakes but when he does, they're bad.

Everyone was informed on Briella's condition. Scar was there everyday with Nour and Hala. Kamal and Farid dropped by a few times too. Miguel has been playing her favorite music, hoping she'll hear.

The cousins also visited. The De Luca cousins were hit with the death of their mother, as much as they hated her, it was still their mother. The O'Connors having been checking up on her daily, mostly Fiona. The Lucido's have also sent their condolences to Brie, Damon was made to apologize to the Lucido's for his actions.

Draco Lucido also paid a visit to Briella. Marco and Draco are best friends. They grew up in Italy together, when Marc was 7, they moved to New York. Then the Lucido's moved here for business. They specialize in protection. They order all of the weapons, hire body guards and protection equipment.

Angelo Lucido was being hired to become Brie's self defense instructor. Draco was taking care of the business part of things. Nicolo was being hired to become Briella's bodyguard, as her worries grew more. She told Marc of her fear for the outside world at the moment so he called his best men to protect her.

Today, Scar, the Lucido's, Fiona and the brothers are all visiting Brie.

When Scar heard what happened, he felt weak. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, he thought it was some sick joke. But when he seen her, he knew it was real. His family now know about Scar and Brie's relationship status. Scar was planning on taking her on another date to make it official but the universe had its own plans.

Ever since Brie came out of surgery, she hasn't moved. Not even a finger. The days feel as if they're getting longer, the time moves so slow, the beeping sounds of the machines around Briella was tattooed in her brothers mind.

You may want to know what's going on in Briella's mind...but you can't.
She can't tell you, she's asleep.
Vivianna tried asking Briella to squeeze her hand, but she never does. Doctors have tried reducing her sleep but they've always failed. They told Briella's family that she just needed the rest to heal but deep down, they were terrified.

She was monitored 24/7. The doctors worried that she would have another seizure. They didn't tell the family the true severity of the situation. They knew the De Luca quite well, I mean, it's De Luca property.

The upside to the situation was that her body was still in function. They done a few scans of her brain and body. Her brain activity was high which meant the surgery worked. Her body scans revealed that her leg would need operated on but the De Luca family fought against it. They wanted to wait until she's awake, if she ever does wake...