36| Baby Stories

"Waking up seems so hard these days"

It's been a week now, I feel like I've lost her all over again

It's been a week now, I feel like I've lost her all over again. The doctors have been telling us it's "common" for someone to sleep this long after a surgery. But we all know they're talking shit.

I just want to see her beautiful eyes again or hear her wonderful voice. I checked the time, seeing it was 1 PM, I knew I had to get back to work. I kissed her hand before leaving. I hated leaving her, it really made me feel horrible.

I just want to stay with her, make sure she's okay and awake....

Marco and Rocco decided to take time off, they spent their days in the hospital while I FaceTimed them

Marco and Rocco decided to take time off, they spent their days in the hospital while I FaceTimed them. Damon and I took on the stresses of our business. I didn't care that I had to do it but Damon was enraged.

He's been coating himself in self pity.

"Oh I'm so sad, my sister is hurt"

"I blame myself enough without you doing the same"

"I shouldn't have some that to her"

Yeah, no shit Sherlock!

I'm visiting Brie later on tonight. I have to finish some documents and then I'll be on my merry way. Hopefully today will be the day she wakes up...

I sat in the hospital room with Brie's hand in mine

I sat in the hospital room with Brie's hand in mine. Her small hand compared to mine were extremely noticeable. The nurse told us that she probably can hear us so we've been talking to her. Beckham and Cassidy have been telling her gossip. Rocco tells her about the food we have and that she to wake up to eat the food. Leo has been telling her about Grey's Anatomy.

I on the other hand, have been telling her what I remember from when she was just born. I remember seeing mom glowing with love and joy. She has dark curly hair and big blue eyes, exactly like now. She always stuck her tongue out when she was a newborn. I remember thinking it was the most cutest thing I've ever seen. I pushed those memories back for so many years but now I can unveil them.

I don't want to go back to shutting my emotions off and pretending to be powerfully successful. Finding her is the highlight of my year, I can't let her leave us again.

"And when you were like 3 weeks old, you used to rub your nose in your sleep which was adorable. I mean, you still rub your nose in your sleep but now you look craaazy" I said, holding Briella's hand.

Rocco was out, taking a phone call in the hallway.

"Mama adored you, she told Fiona that you were a gift sent to her. She painted your room a light purple with moons and stars everywhere. Mama's favorite thing to do everyday was look at the moon, she used to make us sit with her to watch the moon. That's why she called you Briella Luna. She just knew you were going to be powerful and strong, amour"

Her heart monitor started beeping, I pressed the emergency button. Doctors ran in instantly and checked her. Once they got the clear, they explained what just happened.

"She had a reaction in the body which caused her heart to beat quicker... almost as if she felt an emotion"

Oh please, please be a good sign.