Ch. 19: Nostalgia

Dan's POV-

Vibrating. That's what woke me up from my sleep. I was too groggy to move and when I opened my eyes I dreaded it. But, the vibrating continued on. My handed started reaching for my wretched phone. "Hello?" Not looking at the caller id, who ever was calling me better have a good reason. "Hey Dan... Uhm, I need to talk to you." The voice didn't register in my head at first. "Daniel!" And then it hit me. "Yeah Skye. When? Where?" My body and mind finally kicked in and woke up. I started moving around my room, "Today. My place?" The clock read 12 pm. "Uh, yeah. Be there in a few." Quickly I showered and changed. Before I went over to their house, I went for a bit of Nando's. The journey over to their home wasn't that long, since I was in Reading for the week. Normally it'd take 3 hours from Manchester to London. I arrived at the Chamber of Secrets, they liked to call it that from time to time, at 3ish.

Phil opened the door, we had a hug and he lead me to their living room. Skye was seated on a lovesack with a massive bowl of berries and a cup of Dr. Pepper. "Hello love, I'd hug you... But, well, these berries are a bit more pleasurable." I stole a hand full of them and proceeded to plop em in my mouth. Phil and I laid on top of each other on the other lovesack. "So what brings me to London on this fine Wednesday evening?"

Phil and Skye looked at each other and did a bit of "You tell him. No, you!" eye game. Skye finally sighed and drew her attention towards me. "Well, I wasn't sure how I was gonna tell you. I went to the hospital the other day and I found out some life altering news." She'd look and try to find my reaction every so often. My heart was in my throat, pretty much the whole time. "I was, uh, well. I have cancer. And I'm going to die in two weeks. I'm leaving a will, you are to get my hat collection." She looked down. And I, well I just sat shocked. "What?!" The whisper barely audible. And then it came, Phil's laughter. "Phil! She's dying for gods sake, and you're laughing!" I was dumbfounded. "Mate. She's taking the mick!" My eyes drifting towards her direction and she was stifling a laugh. My face fell from shocked to a glare. "I'm sorry Danie. Truly, I didn't mean to be a twat. It was just so easy to do." My glare still intact. Phil wrapped his arms around me. "Don't be mad bruv." Skye straightened her self off and coughed. "Ok, real talk tho, I did go to the hospital and I did find out some life altering news... It's not death, more like the opposite." She just looked at me, smile growing on her. "Daniel, the reason we asked you to be here is because we have a really important question for you." Phil stood and went over to a desk and brought over a stapled stack of papers. He handed it to me. 'Job Description'. "Job description, for what?!" Skye's smile growing, "I'm having a baby," I wasn't sure if I heard correctly. "And, we wanted to know if you would be our kids God Father!"

Shocked. That couldn't even describe the feeling that was in me. Happy. Pleased. Dumb founded. None of those words fit. Yes, I was all of them. But I think that thing that got me was, it didn't hurt. I was genuinely happy for them and it didn't hurt to see the women I loved pregnant and happy.

"I, uh.. When can I start?!" I jumped up and hugged Skye. "In uh, like 7 months!" I pulled Phil in my arms and we laughed.

We decided that I spent the night over and talk about the baby and our futures. "Hey, can I talk to you in private?" Skye pulled me aside. Nodding my head, I lead her out to her balcony. She sat in the chair opposite me and looked at the setting sun. She was by far one of the most beautiful birds I've seen. Never in my life did I think Phil and I would be graced with someone like her. "I'm happy for you. For real." Her smile lit up her whole face. "Good. To be honest, I was a little scared, that this would hurt us." I pulled her hand into mine, she gently laid her head onto my shoulder. "I actually wanted to tell you something... My baby, is going to have a god mother too. She's a good friend of mine, I met her way before I moved to California. She'll actually be visiting really soon... And I was wondering if you could maybe get to know her, be a friend to her, show her around, you know show her the British Man Suave." Her laughter vibrates on me. We sat there for a while, watching the sky go from orange-pink to dark blue. "Yeah Skye, I'll do that. Anything you need, for you, Phil, Dan jr, anything.. let me know."

Phil came out to the balcony, "Hey, I rented some horror films, bought pizza and a bunch of junk food. Lets have one last blow out before Skye goes health nut for the baby!" We ventured back to the lovesacks, moving them next to each other to create a massive bed, Skye laid in between us.

Before our film started, I took a sip of Dr. Pepper and turned to my best mates.

"So, I was looking for another good reason to move to London.. Dan jr, is definitely a good reason."