Ch. 20: Nirvana

Massive apologies for not posting!! I've been uber busy with school and home stuff. Be twenty and in college is a challenge. Well any who, I have a bunch of exciting news, but... I'll save that for a later note <3

Here is the next instalment of Interwebbed |

Skye's POV-

A mirror can hold a lot of truth. But it reflects a lot of lies. I remember standing in the mirror and hating everything in it. From the natural black hair, grey eyes, tan skin, awkward face, huge thighs, and lastly a huge stomach. I would stand sideways and just suck in my stomach for ever, I would pinch, pull and eventually hit my gut. I hated myself. Today, I'm standing the same way in front of the mirror. My reflection is something different, teal hair, grey eyes (that I've grown to love), tan skin, tattoos everywhere, lip piercing, plugs in my lobes, and yet I'm still looking at my stomach. I can't help but hold my tummy, caress my skin, and smile. It feels like a good 20 minutes of my cradling my, probably smaller than a fist, baby. My eyes close and I sigh happily, cold hands wrap around my own, "How're you love?" This is the kind of moment I need, the love of my life holding me and our kid in his palms. "I'm wonderful. Glorious. Ecstatic. Gleeful. Cheery. Restless. Everything. You?" We look at our reflection and take it all in, "I'm. I think," he places his hands on my tummy, "no, I know. I'm ready." He kiss my cheek, "We need to get ready. Everyone will be here soon." He pulls me away from the mirror and sits me down on our bed. I just sit there and watch him, ever since we've found out, he's been super cautious of me and all my actions. He remerges from our closet with my favourite outfit. Carefully, and by carefully I mean with feather light touches, he pulls off his shirt from me, pulls my arms up and slips on my cosmos wrap, then places my arms through my navy sheer button up, he gets caught in the back of it (the back is a ripped pattern), he then slides my black lace shorts up, tucks in my button up and buttons my shorts. He gives me a quick kiss before he proceeds to put on some black chinos and a cream tank and a navy cardigan. I had already curled my hair and pinned it up and applied some make up, by the time we had checked on the food we were cooking and double checked that our balcony was "dinner party" ready, our guests started to arrive. We had invited 5 people each, as soon as most of them arrived we had sat them down, they thought we were just having a nice British dinner, but they had no clue. The only person who knew was Dan, and speaking of him, he wasn't here yet. Phil's mum was second to last to arrive. "Skye! Darling, you're glowing!" I tried to give her a full smile, but my heart was a bit sad. "I'm sorry love, that your family couldn't be here." Phil whispered in my ear. "I'm sure Eva would've been all over the place." I gave him a weak smile, "Where are you?" I quickly texted Dan. Two minutes later I got a reply, "At your door, sorry I'm late. Come open up." I locked my phone and slipped into my back pocket, "Dan's here. Will you open the door, I'm going to sit down." I walked outside to our balcony and sat at the end of the table, the guests were doing small talk, it was awkward to say the least, my mood went a bit sour at this point, bloody hormones. I felt arms hug me from behind, assuming it was either Dan or Phil, I licked their arm. "Now, is that the way to great me?" My eyes widened and I'm pretty sure I knocked over the person who was hugging me. Before I looked at the new arrival my hand reached out for Phil, who was laughing quite a bit, "Mum?!" I looked at my mother, "What, how, oh my lanta!" I trampled her really, suffocated her, possibly bruised her back for clamping myself to her. "Skye, honey, I may be loosing air here." She laughed her familiarly distant laugh, I promise I tried my hardest not to cry, but like I said the hormones were kicking my butt. "Mummy, is it really you?" I was poking her cheek. She smiled her award winning smile, I'm not lying, she was a model before she had me. "Yes pumpkin, it's me, but I'm starved and would like to feast on some nosh. That's what you say here right?" Phil laughed again and hugged my mum, "Eva, I've missed you." My eyes met Dan's, he was leaning against the door frame, watching us and smiling. "How?" I mouthed to him. He nodded towards Phil, "Fate." He mouthed back.

The awkward small talk grew into full blown conversation, my mum and Phil's went all out on embarrassing stories, involving either naked kid us, stupid preteen moments and their favourite relationship heart aches. "She cried for hours, maybe even days. She begged me to burn everything and to throw in their picture last, she was quite melodramatic. But every week it was the same, he'd smile at her or something and she would be so happy, then he'd be going with Emily, Amelia, Suzy, Kristen or whoever and she would become suicidal. But, then these lovely Englishmen came her way." My mum had held onto their hands, lightly squeezing them. "And, I think they came at just the right time." Phil looked at me, I nodded. "Well, speaking of proper timing. Skye and I have something massive to announce." He walked over to me and slipped me onto his lap, "We, are having a baby." I felt my cheeks go red and warm.

It was all a blur, everything was in slowmo, Phil and my guests erupted, our mums cried and kissed us all over, and then there was Dan, leaning back on the balcony and smiling.

"Long live Dan jr!" He gave a toast.

"Long live our family!" Phil's mum cheered.

"Long live the Queen!" My mum joked.

"Long live fate!" Phil finished the toast.

"To fate." I chimed in.