ten

Owen's twenty-first birthday is coming up. I had no idea what I was going to get him.

So I'm out with Jeremy, Charlie, and Dani looking for a present for him. "Maybe I can give him a hairbrush." I tease.

His hair has been growing a lot recently. "He'd lose it." Dani shook her head. "Or Cruzy would eat it." Jeremy laughed.

I was struggling a little bit. I know he's into musicals, weird hats, and playing the drums. I know he likes wearing rings too.

Since they hadn't gotten him anything either, they were also looking for something for him.

"Does he listen to vinyls?" I ask as we walk around the mall. The boys think about it.

"I think he said he was thinking about collecting them." Charlie spoke, remembering back.

I smile a little bit to myself. Looks like that's what I'm getting for him. I go to a music store, separating from them.

Dani came with me to help, and because she didn't want to be alone with the guys.

I started looking at the Vinyls for an artist he might like. "I heard you two have been going really close." She smiled.

I kept my eyes on the vinyls. "I think we bonded a couple nights ago." I gossip with her. She looks at me with a look.

"What do you mean?" She asked also looking at it. "I somehow brought him out of a panic attack."

She looked at me with big eyes. "That's kinda big, Sam. I don't think Charlie can't do much to help." She told me.

"I think it's because I told him I deal with them too." I tell her. I found a Harry Styles vinyl so I grabbed that one.

I think Owen has a man crush on him. We gossiped while I picked out some vinyls.

After I payed for them, I found a place that sells the hats he likes. I found one that has a monkey on it so I got that for him.

We met back up with the boys to see they had bags in their hands. "What did you two find?" Dani asked them.

"You'll have to wait to see." We rolled our eyes towards them. We walk back to the car as we got in.

The boys sat up front while I sat in the back with Dani. We showed each other funny tik toks so we were dying in the back.

"What's so funny?" Jeremy asked as he drove. "Mind your own." Dani giggled. Charlie turned to look at us.

"Don't talk to your father like this!" We started fake arguing and it was the funniest thing.

Jeremy pulled up to my house causing Charlie to turn to me. "Why don't you get the fuck out of the car?" Charlie teased.

Dani was giggling towards me. "Gladly." I tell the other two goodbye and I thank Jeremy for the ride.

I walk into the townhouse to see Andrew on his laptop. He glanced over towards me.

"Where were you?" He asked as I sit the bags down. I sit next to him to see he's editing.

"Shopping for Owen's birthday." I speak to him. He moves the laptop to the coffee table, taking a break from editing.

He stretched his arms and torso as he looked at me. "What'd you get him?" I explain how I got him vinyls and a hat.

"Does he know what he's doing for his birthday? Like is he going bar hopping or having a party?" I shrug.

"I don't know. He knows I can't legally go out and drink just yet." I don't want to mess up his night though.

Mason doesn't turn twenty-one til August so us two would get left out. At least I would have him to hang out with.