thirty-six

It was one of those rainy days that made me want to stay inside. And if I knew what was going to happen, I would've stayed home.

For most of the day, Owen and I laid on his couch to watch movies. Owen doordashed food so we could eat together.

"You know, it's weird that we haven't heard from anyone in a while." I think out loud.

Usually Charlie or Mason is blowing up our phones but in the past hour or two there hasn't been anything.

"I think it's nice to not get bothered by them." He flashed me a smile. I will admit that it is nice.

But I'll admit it's strange, but it's nice. Not long after that, I got a phone call from Charlie.

He knows we're hanging out so I wonder why hes calling. Owen puts the movie on pause while I answer.

"What do you want, Charles?" I ask while putting it on speaker. You could hear music playing in the background.

Was he at a bar or a party. "Where are you two?" He practically yelled. Is he high or something?

"We're at Owen's flat. Where are you?" I ask confused. I could hear talking on the other line.

I look over at Owen to see he was shaking his head. "We're at a party! You two need to come." A party did sound fun.

I can't remember the last time we all went to a party together. I mean, it did sound fun.

"Who's all there?" I ask as he listed it off. Basically everyone but Jeremy and Carolynn.

I looked at Owen to see he didn't have a happy look on his face.

"Let me talk to Owen, mate. I'll text you." I hung up the phone and looked over at the blonde.

"You don't wanna go, do you?" I could read his face like a book. "Would you be mad if I say no?" He asked while grimacing.

I can't help but pout a little bit. "Not mad. But it does sound fun." I shrug.

He looks at me surprised. "It's pouring out there, Sam." He spoke.

He was right, it was raining pretty hard. But it rains all the time in Bradford so I'm used to driving in the rain.

"Okay how about this. We stay for an hour and if you're not having any fun, we can leave." I try to reason with him.

He threw his head back while thinking. "Okay, an hour and we're leaving." I stuck a pinkie out so could promise.

We get off the couch so we could leave. I throw on some jeans while he changes too.

Once we're dressed and ready, we head out of the flat. I was kinda excited to go to this party.

We haven't partied in a while so I was excited. I was going to drive while he was going to sit passenger.

Charlie told me they were at Scotty and Toddy's house so I already know where I'm going.

It was pitch black and raining so it was going to be hard driving. But I had faith in myself.

As I was driving, he put on Stand Tall. I smiled towards him as I start singing Madi's part.

"Don't blink, no I don't want to miss it." I sing over top her voice.

"One thing, and it's back to the beginning." I could feel Owen's stare on me while I sang.

I glance over at him to see he was admiring me. It made me blush a little bit while I looked back at the road.

As the song was finishing up, we were coming up to a red light. I start to slow down and luckily, there was barely anyone on the road.

It was raining so hard, you could hear it hit the car. I was tapping my fingers on the steering wheel while we waited.