twenty-one

I was currently watching Dani look through my closet. When I told her that Owen asked me out, she was thrilled.

She was more than happy to help me pick out an outfit. "Would leggings be too comfortable?" She asked turning to me.

I don't want to wear leggings on a first date so I scrunched my nose. She nodded, getting the idea that I didn't want to be in it.

She stood there for a minute, looking at everything. After a minute, she threw an outfit at me.

High rised skinny jeans and a black cami. "No jacket?" I ask her confused. She just gave me a look while I grabbed it.

"I was thinking about that. And what's the point of wearing a jacket when he can just give you his." She smirked towards me.

That was honestly a good idea. I can't believe I didn't even think of that. "What if he asks why I didn't bring one?" I ask worried.

She just shrugged while laying on my bed. "Just say you forgot it. There's no harm in lying just a little." She smiled a little bit.

"You're fucking brilliant." She just shrugged proudly while I went to my bathroom.

I quickly change into the bathroom and look at myself. It honestly looked super cute.

I went back to my room and put my shoes on. "What do you think you're doing on the date?" She asked gossiping.

I just shrug knowing I had no idea. "He won't tell me. He just told me to be ready by seven." I tell her.

We hang and talk about different things while we wait. As we talk, I hear the doorbell ring.

Dani and I both look at each other confused. "Is that Owen?" She asked as I shrug.

I get up and we go down the stares. I went and opened the door to see he was standing there.

I smiled when I looked at him. He had on black Adidas joggers and a cream hoodie. I was honestly confused on what this date was.

But it had me intrigued. "You look really cute." He complimented.

I smiled as Dani cleared her throat. "Have fun you two." She was lightly pushing my back so I could leave.

I took the hint so we walked outside. Owen opened the car door for me which was sweet.

He jogged onto the other side of the car and got in. "You going to tell me where we're going?" I asked with hope on my voice.

"Hell no." He laughed a little bit. I didn't want to annoy him so I didn't say anything else.

He drives a little bit and before I knew it, we were pulling up to Malibu. I looked at Owen confused.

He just had a smug look onto his face. We got out of the car, him pulling a thick blanket out so we could lay on it.

We walk to an empty spot on the beach which made me smile. "It's not much, but I figured we could lay here and watch the sunset."

I could tell he was shy talking about it. So I make sure to grab his hand softly.

"It's perfect, O." His face turned red as we went to an empty spot and laid down.

I was honestly excited. The sunrise was honestly perfect. And I'm so happy to be doing this with him.

"It's honestly beautiful." I speak out loud. The sun was hitting the water perfectly.

I was in awe by it. "It really is." Owen spoke, awe in his voice. I turned over towards to him.

He wasn't looking at the sunset, he was looking over at me. I was starting to blush as I look away.