epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

It's been a long year. Dani and Andrew are still happily together like Jeremy and Caorlynn.

Mason broke things off with Camila after Sam died because he couldn't focus on the relationship.

She totally understood and they're even starting to talk again.

Charlie made a youtube account and sang Unsaid Emily for her. I've been talking to a therapist ever since.

I miss the shit out of Sam. I was currently in Sam's room, doing a live stream fundraiser for the dangers of drunk driving.

I've been doing it for twenty-four hours and I was almost done.

"I'm doing this whole thing for Sam, and if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be who I am today." I admit.

It still hurts that she's gone, but I've learned so much. I could start to feel myself start to cry knowing I usually do when I talk about her.

"She changed my life in the few months that I knew her." I quickly wiped a tear that came from my eye.

The knot in my throat was rock hard while I thought about it. "Not a day goes by that I don't miss her." I think about her everyday.

"Take everyday like it's your last day, I really mean that. Tell someone how you feel before they're gone." My voice was shaky.

I kept playing with my fingers because I know it'll help somehow.

"Depression is real, I've dealt with it my whole life, especially this past year." I admit to everyone that was watching.

I take a deep breath while looking at the camera. "I get your direct messages and I try to answer every one I get."

I take a deep breath, starting to get nervous. "Just know you're not alone." I admit to them.

I stand up and bring her keyboard into frame. "And if you do, I wanna play you a song." I speak.

I sit down by the keyboard and look at the keys. "Sam wrote this song for me before she passed but she didn't get a chance to finish it."

All I want to do is make her proud. "I finished it and I'm going to perform it for you guys." This was the end of the stream.

I've been teasing it for a few months. And the stream gets an early release. I take another deep breath while looking at my hands.

They were shaking a little but I'll be fine. This one is for Sam.

"You put all your faith in my dreams. You gave me the world that I wanted. What did I do to deserve you?"

"I follow your steps with my feet. I walk on the road that you started. I need you to know that I heard you, every word."

"I've waited way too long to say, everything you mean to me. In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now."

"I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth. I'm everything that I am because of you."

"I, I've carried this song in my mind, listen, it's echoing in me, but I haven't helped you to hear it. We, we've only got so much time."

"I'm pretty sure it would kill me, if you didn't know the pieces of me are pieces of you. I've waited way too long to say, everything you mean to me."

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now, I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around."

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth, I'm everything that I am because of you."

"I have a hero whenever I need one. I just look up to you and I see one. I'm a man 'cause you taught me to be one."

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now. I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around."

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth, I'm everything that I am. Whoa, woah. Whoa, woah."

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth. As long as I'm here as I am, so are you."

I finished the song and the live and looked around. This was the last time I was going to be in this room since the boys are moving out.

I take a deep breath and start to walk out. Before fully walking out, I look around at everything, softening up.

"I'll find you, Sam."

•the end•

A/n- I just wanna thank everyone for reading this story. I'm sad to say this will be my last story for a while, but I'll still come on here from time to time.

Just message if you want to talk and I'll message back. Love, Rachel 🤍