eleven

I looked at my outfit before going downstairs. I had on a vintage green sweater that's tucked into mum jeans.

I had on matching socks and I was combing through my hair.

Today was Owen's birthday and everyone will be here soon. As I combed through my hair, I heard footsteps come in.

I look to see Mason. "Which shirt?" He was holding two shirts. He had a Led Zeppelin and a thrasher shirt.

I look for a second and chose the thrasher shirt. He thanked me as he threw the other one in his room and put it on.

He looked at me up and down and grimaced. "Why are you dressed like a mum?" He asked. I give him a death glare as he realized it.

"You're trying to get Owen to like it aren't you?" I push him out of my room and shut it.

He can be an ass sometimes. I comb through the rest of my hair and take his presents downstairs.

Charlie should be bringing the cake. Jeremy and Carolynn should be coming too and I was excited to meet her.

I have no idea when Owens showing up. But everyone should be here soon.

I sit the presents on the corner of the couch and sit down, grabbing my phone. Andrew walked out of his room with his bottles of alcohol.

"You're dressed like my mum in the nineties." Andrew laughed at me. I flipped him off as Mason walks down the stairs.

After talking for a while, I hear a doorbell. "I'll get it." It must be Jeremy and Carolynn.

Charlie and Owen have been here so much, they let themselves in at this point.

When I open the door, I see that I was right. I give Jeremy a side hug while Carolynn walked in.

I greet her and tell her how wonderful it is to meet her. She was really pretty in person. The boys bro hug each other.

"Where's everyone else?" Jeremy asked while looking at us.

"I have no idea." We catch up on each other since we haven't seen each other in a while.

Carolynn comes over and sits next to me. "How long have you two been married?" I ask getting to know her.

"It was a year in March." She answered. They looked really cute together.

"I bet you looked beautiful in your wedding dress." She turned over towards me.

"You wanna see pictures?" I nodded as she pulled the phone out. She went to an album and showed me some pictures.

And she looked absolutely lovely. "These are wonderful, oh my God." She smiled towards me.

She showed me pictures until Dani came with her presents in her hand.

She came over to us girls knowing all the guys were talking about some sporting game.

We talked until we waited for everyone else to show up. We were waiting for Camila, Owen, and Charlie.

Eventually, Camila came over and greeted everyone. She gave Mason a big, long hug which made me smile.

I could tell he fancied her. Before we knew it, Charlie came with the cake. 

He sat it on the table as we looked at it. It had a ghost on it with a little drum kit.

It looked really cute. We were all huddled by it, taking a look.

"Yeah, that looks nice." I heard Owen speak up behind me.

We all turn to look at the blonde. None of us heard him come in. We all nervously laugh and scream happy birthday.