On a mission

On my way back, I couldn't stop thinking about what Hongjoong said. 

Rewinding the conversation - 

"I want you to become close with him. Unexpectedly meet him and make him take you to his house once. Try to collect some information from his surroundings. You might get something from there. He's a bit of a playboy so be careful. You'll be safe before he could even lay his finger on you. And... let this be between us only. When I find the right time, I'll tell them about this," 

I felt someone shake me from my thoughts. I came back to reality and saw Ryujin calling me. 

"Y/n, I'm very sorry for not telling you. Please don't be mad at me," 

"It is not that I didn't like the fact that you too are a mafia. But you could've just told me about it earlier so there needn't be any situation like this," She hugged me. 

"Well, we'll take a leave. Got some work to do," Yugyeom said and they left.

I headed back to my room and sat down. I tried to think of ways how to approach him. But I knew nothing about him. I looked at the contact number and fiddled with it. 

'Should I call him now? Can I do it by myself?'  I was confused by now. I decided to call the person. I dialed the number and placed the phone near my ear. The call was ringing but the person didn't respond. I called again and again, but the person didn't pick up.

After trying for the tenth time the person picked up the call. 

???: Hm... you are the one who Hongjoong talked about. 

Me: What? You knew I would call? Did you avoid me on purpose?

???: Tom N Toms Coffee tonight at 10 p.m. See you.

And the call ended. I didn't even get a chance to speak to or know anything about him. How do I find him? 

"Y/n, can we go out tonight?" Wooyoung asked as he sat next to me. 

"Tonight?" He nodded.

"I-I have somewhere to go. How about t-tomorrow? I'll make sure to keep my day free for you," I said. 

"Where to? Do I need to come with you?" He asked worriedly. 

"I'm just going to meet a friend. You don't need to worry about anything. I'll be fine," I said and lay my head on his shoulder. He kissed me on the head and caressed it. There was silence for a while. 

"Seonghwa hyung looked quite happy today. Did you say something?" He asked. 

"Well... I told him that I'd talk to him after the farewell party. He's excited about that I guess," Wooyoung looked at me shocked. 

"Wah!" He exclaimed.

"I can't stay like this forever. I need to know the answers to my questions. And moreover... I want things to go back to normal,"

"I'm sure he'll also be wanting the same. You've taken the right decision," A small smile crept through my lips and we chatted for a while.

---at 9:30 pm---

 I changed my clothes into something comfortable and headed out to the cafe. I took a taxi and it took a while as there was traffic. I reached the cafe at around 10:20 pm and stood at the entrance looking for anyone who sat there alone. 

There were a few people seated alone but I didn't know who. I just stood there looking at them. I walked a bit further and found someone seated leaning on the wall wearing a hat and sipping on their drink. 

"Are you the one Hongjoong sent?" He asked which startled me. 

"Take a seat," He said. I took my seat opposite him. He removed his cap and looked at me. He grabbed a book from his bag and placed it in front of me. 

"These are his day-to-day activities. His address, where he goes, when he comes back home, every detail about him is filled in there. Look into it and I'll come over tomorrow to talk over about it," He said and got up.

"Wait! What is your name?" I asked curiously. He glanced at me and sighed. 

"TY," He said and left. I was confused. I took the book and headed back home. 

I got off the taxi at a distance and paid my fare. I walked home from there, filled with confusion. As I reached home, I went in search of Hongjoong Oppa. 

"Where is Joong Oppa?" I asked Jongho. 

"He headed outside for a small mission. Anything important?" He asked.

"N-nothing. Let me know when he comes," I said. 

"What is that?" Mingi asked as he grabbed the book from my hand. 

"Yah! Give it back," I tried grabbing it from him but god, he was quite taller than me. He lifted the book high while I jumped to reach it. 

"Why are you so tall?" I asked while jumping. He just laughed. I stopped jumping and sighed. 

"Give it back before I turn you upside down," I said and started tickling him. 

"Ah! Stop!" He shouted. As he lowered his hand, I grabbed the book back and ran away to my room. I locked the door and kept the book on the bed. I washed up and looked at the book. 

I sat down and flipped through it. I started from the first page and read through all the details. I closed the book and sighed heavily. 

'Can I do it?' I asked myself again and again. I came out of my thoughts as I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door to be greeted by San. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Hongjoong hyung called you," 

"Thanks for informing me," I said and left to his room along with the book. 

I knocked before I entered and headed in.

"So, what did he tell you?" 

"I've never seen anyone like him. He avoided my calls on purpose. TY? What on earth's name is it?! I feel like killing him,"

"He's a guy dedicated to working. He is the opposite of what you see. When it comes to working, he doesn't dare to talk about his stuff. Just ignore that and tell me what you got,"

"Only this," I said and gave him the book. 

"All about his whereabouts are in that. He owns at least 2-3 houses. How do we find out which one is the one we need to find out?" I asked him curiously. 

"You too have a point. We'll ask him about it. When did he say to meet again?"

"He said he'd come over tomorrow," He nodded his head. 

"We'll come up with a plan and end it," We ended our discussion and joined the others for dinner.