#Part 22

"Hin, are you sure you can drive?"

"Don't you trust me?"

"I do. But you don't have a driving license."

"I don't have a license but I do drive. Not everyone who have license follow the rules everytime they're driving. Calm down. Relax. Just sit there quietly, fasten your seatbelt, and just enjoy the ride." New assured as he finally started the engine.

The car drove out from the mansion along with Tay's nonstop prayers.

"Do you ever involve in car accident?" New asked curious.

"Yes I did."

"No wonder you're like this."

"Hm..."

"Calm down Tay. This is not my first time driving a car. I have been driving a lot without my family knowing. Earth have teach me." New smiled while glancing at him. "I'll drive slowly and carefully. Trust me."

"I do trust you, Hin."

The ride goes smooth just like what Tay had prayed and finally, they safely arrived at their destination - Krist's house, after almost 30 minutes of driving.

"Are you sure this is the house?"

"That's what the maze said."

Both were gawked in awe looking at the mansion in front of them. The mansion provides a beautiful uninterrupted view of the lake and is the perfect place to sit down and strum a chord or two on the guitar with the family all siting around.

"I don't know there's a lake house in this busy town."

"Me too. Now I feel so jealous with Krist." New commented silently.

Both get out from the car and walked to the house.

The housekeeper greeted them and brought them to meet Krist and his mother who were at the kitchen still busied preparing some things.

"P'Tay! P'New!" Krist yelled happily once saw both of them.

They both 'waii' at Krist's mom before she invited them to sit at the dining table.

"Waaah! So many foods! Is there a party?" Tay asked in awe.

They enjoyed the dinner while having a small chit-chatting like an old friends who met after a long time.

They got to know that Krist and New had a lot of things in common. And that new informations get everyone surprised including Krist and New himself.

☑️ 1. Both were allergic to peanut.

☑️ 2. Both rather choose to go to the mountains than to the sea.

☑️ 3. Both likes cold weather but gets sick easily.

☑️ 4. Both likes desserts and don't mind to have desserts for breakfast, and even consider a cake as a meal.

☑️ 5. Both think that their nose is the most handsome part of their body.

☑️ 6. Both have a habit to hug sweatshirt with hood every night when they were a child.

"Woah! It feels like I've a twin or a brother!" Krist said excited and New just laughed awkwardly. If only he knew.

Tay and New also learned that Krist actually a Thai-Chinese descent. His father was a Chinese and that explained why Krist had a Chinese slang in his sentences which sometimes made them couldn't understand what was he talked about.