#Part 37

Days had passed since Kay broke up with New. Everyone realized something was wrong with their CEO since Kay slowly change from being a cheerful guy to an asshole. At first, they thought he had a rough days; just having bad mood which lasts for hours, but it's been 3 days now that Kay not being himself.

He often get mad for small things, he yelled at everyone if they were being too loud even in their break time, and he nagged too much for petty things. Everything he did were something new that he not usually show to people.

Meanwhile, New knew exactly as why Kay suddenly acted that way. And all of that happened because of him.

"You seem lifeless this past few days." Said First as he sat across Kay. "Do you really like him that much?"

"No. I love him. I've fallen for him. Too hard."

"I think, Newwiee will blame himself too hard if you continue being like this. He will think the reason you become like this is all because of the break up. And what if he quit the job? Will you let him go?"

"If he thinks about quitting, that's mean I don't even deserve to be his friend."

New who heard everything they talked felt pang in his heart. He stared at the letter in his hand and thought about what Kay just said.

Actually, he doesn't want to lose Kay, as a friend. After all Kay did to make him find the smile he lost once. It wasn't suppose to end like this.

He went back to his table and threw the resignation letter into the dustbin.

❣️

❣️

New's POV

A patted on my shoulder drags my mind back into reality. I looked up and turned to see First standing behind me, tie loosened around his slightly unbuttoned shirt. "See you tomorrow, brother."

I looked at the clock on the wall.

5:07pm, time to go home.

"See ya..."

I rub my tired eyes and stare at my desktop for a few seconds before closing the tabs and logging out. Today was the longest day of my life, I think to myself, as I've thought many times before.

The office empties quickly while I'm still shuffling my papers and shoving them haphazardly into my bag. I realize I'm the only one left. Fine by me, I already said bye to the only person in the office that ever acknowledges me for this past few days. Everyone started to avoid me because they thought they would get into a trouble if the CEO saw they talked to me.

I trudge towards the elevators and hit the ground floor button. 

I stared at my phone screen as I got a text from Tay, when suddenly the elevator shudders to a stop. 

Stunned, I stare at where the floor number should be illuminated on the wall above the buttons. 

But, where's the number?

No way.

No way!

NO WAY!

NO FUCKING WAY!

The lights on the buttons disappear as well, and finally the overhead light goes out. Before I knew it, I'm trapped in the dark, with no one but myself.