#Part 48

*Slap!*

Tay's mother slapped New across the face, it aims for the cheek. The stunning blows from her palm knocked New off balance and force him to stumble back. 

"THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE HIM BEING A BODYGUARD! HE PUT HIMSELF IN DANGER BECAUSE OF YOU!"

New bit his lips to prevent any sobs coming out and to withstand the pain in his cheek. He lowered his head, looking down at the floor, and his arms stayed froze in his side with his clenched fists.

He and Tay were supposed to pick Viho and his wife at the airport after their breakfast. But, since there were unexpected incident, New asked their family's driver to pick them up instead and then brought them direct to the hospital.

Once New told them what happened, he got slapped by Mrs.Viho.

"IF SOMETHING HAPPEN TO MY SON, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" She pushed New in the shoulder.

"Calm down!" Viho tried to calm his wife. "It's not his fault! Tay is not the only one who got poison!"

Now, they were still in front of the emergency room, waiting for the result.

It took a while before Mrs.Viho finally calmed herself down and sits properly. With sniffing nose, she wiped away her teary eyes.

Minutes later, the green clothed surgeon stepping out from the emergency room. And three of them immediately surrounded him like a piranha.

The surgeon took off his mask. Then, he smiled. "Don't worry. All of them are fine."

Relief sighed could be heard from New, Viho, and his wife.

"But..."

Of course there's always a but.

"...since Mr.Jong and his wife are not that young, we need to do a further check up to make sure the poison didn't do harm in any of their organs. We still need to put them inside the ICU room for the time being."

Little do they knew, that a certain someone has been standing around the corner of the hall, listening to their conversation with the surgeon.

❣️

❣️

New's POV

After visiting my family one by one, finally I walked to the last ward, Tay's room. I'm so glad that nothing serious happened to them. But they still in unconscious condition. I couldn't rest assure not until they woke up.

My hand reached for the door but the door already got opened by someone from the inside. Tay's mother looked at me in shocked before she send me a glared. "Why are you still here?!"

"I... I w-want to see Tay."

"There's no need to! Go away!" She said and closed the door right away.

I sighed heavily. She must be hating me so much right now.

I turned my back and sat on the bench in front of the ward. My mind was thinking about what had happened. So many questions playing in my mind.

Who poison them?

Why?

Whoever did it, the person didn't mean to kill them. Was it just only to scare me? But why?

I knew where the poison was being put. The water. All of them drink the same water but not me. And the person knew that I didn't drink water during breakfast.

The maid? No matter how much I think, there's no reason for her to harm them.

Suddenly, my mind got interrupted by my ringing phone. I immediately took my phone out and saw a restrict number on the screen. I slide the answer button.