#Part 39

"Does the chicken did bad deeds to you in its past life, brother?" Someone interrupted and woke New up from his day dream. He looked up and found First and Kay were looking at him weirdly before he looked down at his plate.

"The chicken died already, you don't need to continuously stab it with your fork." First said again and Kay nudged his side with his elbow, signaling him to stop talking nonsense.

"If you don't mind, can we sit here with you?" Kay asked carefully because New probably wanted to be alone right now judging from his expression.

New nodded his head before show his smile to them. "Please don't treat me like a stranger."

Kay took the seat beside New while First sat across them.

"Is everything okay?" Kay asked worriedly.

"Hm? Okay... Fine. Everything's fine."

"You're so bad at lying." Kay said. "You should look yourself in the mirror, there's words in your forehead. I'm not okay. It said."

"Why I don't see it, brother?" First asked before he stuffed his mouth with his foods. Kay kicked his leg from under the table and signaling him to just shut his mouth.

New looked at Kay who was smiling at him. It felt like everything were back to normal. Kay had been avoiding him for a week and now he was the first one to approach him, which encouraged New to use this as a chance to properly apologized.

However, before he opened his mouth, Kay talked first. "I hope the reason behind your deject look not because of something bad have happen with your relationship with that man."

New immediately shook his head. Nothing's bad happen with his relationship with Tay. Tay is a great partner! His loves for that clumsy man just grew stronger day by day!

"You can talk to me. I'm all in ears."

"It's nothing. Just something happen in my house. I fight with my dad again but it's not a big deal." New assured with his smile which always made Kay stuck in awe.

They had their lunch while having a small talk, mostly First who light up the atmosphere with his old-dad jokes. That was it until Kay started to ask questions about New's boyfriend.

First excused himself as he doesn't want to be a third wheel, though Kay and New were not a couple anymore.

"You must love him so much. I can tell from your smile and the way you talk about him." It was lied if Kay said that he didn't feel jealous hearing New talking about another man.

"Really? Though he is such a nuisance, but that's what makes him special." New smiled widely again. "And Kay, I'm sorry..." His smile weakened as he looked at Kay apologized.

"I will forgive you if you want to be mine again."

It felt like his heart had stopped beating once Kay said that. He swallowed the slump in his throat and collected his strength to say this things; "I love you, Kay. But as a friend."

Kay just smiled weakly. "I'm kidding. I already forgive you. So, don't apologize. You did nothing wrong to me."

"But I give you a heartache. I understand if you wants to get angry at me."

"At first I'm mad. So mad at you. But then I don't have a heart to see your crying face. I don't want to make you cry because of me." He ruffles New's hair and winked at him. "So don't worry. Things will get better. And I also realize one thing."

"What?"

"That day when you got panic attack, it hit me so hard. I'm not able to do anything because I was too shock. Thanks God your man come at the right time and safe you. If not because of him, I'll blame myself if something more worse happen to you. Just imagine that I'm as your boyfriend that time but wasn't able to do anything once you fell down. I will look so useless just by standing by your side."