#Part 44

"P'Tay! I'm 19 now. You're coming back to fulfill your promise to marry me, right? I said I do!"

New's mouth hang opened once he heard what Polca just said. Tay who noticed New's expression only smiled nervously at him. He MUST explain to New and make it up later or else, tonight, he will sleep -not on the couch- but at the floor.

"Who are you?" Polca asked once she noticed New. But before anyone could answered her, she immediately exclaimed. "Oh! I know! You're P'Tay's boss, right? Aunty said that P'Tay went to Thailand to work as a bodyguard!"

"Polca, since you're here, why don't you join us dinner?" Invited Mrs. Viho.

"I want to aunty. But, my friends are waiting for me. We need to finish our group assignment today." Said Polca pouting.

"Too bad. I cook your favorite food na."

New could guess that whoever Polca is, she was Mrs. Viho's favorite person.

"P'Tay, let's catch up later. I miss you so much!" She said as she hugged Tay by wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm so happy that you finally come back!"

"Phi miss Polca too." Tay said and returned the hugged. From the corner of his eyes, he could sense someone was glaring at him. So, he immediately broke the hugged and slightly distance himself from the girl.

After Polca excused herself, Mr. Viho asked Tay and New to take a rest first since they must be tired after a long journey. They went upstairs, to Tay's bedroom which had been emptied for years. Once they get inside the room, New crossed his arms while giving a death glared at Tay.

Tay who saw that only smiled awkwardly. "S-Should we take shower first?" He asked but got no replied from New.

Tay let out a sighed before he walked to New. He tried to hold New's hand, but New pushed him away instead.

"Fine. I'll explain." Said Tay. "But, let's sit first." He sat on the bed and soon New followed him.

"Polca...she is the neighbour' daughter. She is like a younger sister to me."

"Right! A younger sister who wants to marry her brother!" New said sarcastic.

Tay sighed again. New indeed looked scary when he get jealous.

"It was a really long time ago." Tay continued his explanation. "That time, she got heartbroken because her crush reject her. For 3 days, she lock herself in her bedroom. Then, her mom ask for my help, she ask me to talk to her." He sighed again before continued. "What I remember, she lost her self esteem and said that no one will ever likes her. Then... I..." Tay gulped his saliva difficulty. He couldn't continue the story.

"I WHAT?!" New asked annoyed as he slapped Tay's thigh.

"I said that if no one wants her, then I will marry her!"

"HAH?!"

"I know I shouldn't say that. I never thought that she will take my words seriously! I mean, she is just 12 that time. Little did I realize, she makes me promise that I will propose her once she turned 19."

New threw his face, refused to look at Tay. "But I don't have any feelings for her. Heck New! There's a huge gap between our ages! I'm an uncle to her! She is just a little sister to me! Believe me, Hin." Tay cupped New's cheeks and made New looked at him.

"I will tell her later. That I'm coming back not to marry her. But to introduce my soon-to-be husband."

"You better explain to her and tell her to forget about the idea of marrying you! I don't want to get a rivalry with a kid!"