#Part 42

The smile from Tay's face never fade as he looked at the excitement in New's face who was telling a lot of stories to his mother. He peek from behind the door, as he doesn't want to interrupt the mother-son's moment.

Then, a phone rang interrupted his 'stalking'. He immediately took his phone out and a restrict number was on the screen.

📞 "Hello?"

📞 "Tay, where are you?"

He recognized the voice right away.

📞 "Aren't you going to send us off? Me and your mom are here already, waiting for you at the airport."

'Of fuck! I forgot!' He cursed in his mind.

"I..." He peeked at New again. He doesn't want to leave him here but he couldn't bring him to the airport either.

📞 "Tay, you promise to come!"

That was his mother's voice.

📞 "I will... I will come, mom. I'm on my way."

He said and immediately ended the called. He text New and asked him to wait at the hospital until he comeback to pick him up.

He drove to the airport. Once arrived and saw his parents, the old couple magically wore a bright smile in their faces once see him.

As the times gone by with his parents' apologies for chasing him away, his mother started to change the topic. "We just travel thousands of miles, hoping you would change your mind."

Tay braced himself by taking a deep breathe before he answered. "I'm sorry mom. But I will never leave him."

His father just stared straight at him while his mother looked away. She looked rather sad and crushed, and honestly, Tay didn't like to see her like that.

Nobody said anything after that. How many time passed already? One minute? Two minutes?

"You know that it won't be easy." His mother started to break the silence between them.

"I know."

"You sure you can be happy?"

"Very sure, mom."

She let out a sighed. "I don't know what to say anymore."

"Ma, let's give him a chance." Tay's dad said with his hand caressed his wife's back. Tay smile a little hearing that.

"But pa--"

"For our son's happiness."

Tay sensed the atmosphere changed drastically. He was no longer felt intimidated.

"What's so good about that boy that made you like this?"

"Mom, Newwiee just a plain amazing! I know you can see it too." The thought of describing his boyfriend made him to smile widely. "And he's wonderful material of son-in-law."

"Are you crazy? Why would I need a son-in-law when I already have a son on my own?"

"Because the son of yours wants to be with him." His mom was about to open her mouth again, but he interrupted. "Mom, I'm sorry. I'm a fool. I'm sorry for making you two worry and have to come all the way here because of me. I'm an ungrateful son, I know. And from now on, I'll be doing a lot of things that would disappointed you. Because I won't leave him. And I'm sorry about that too."

"Just great. When I sent you here, I was hoping you would find a nice girl and marry her. But you choose to date a man?"

The fact their lives for so many years in States, Tay kind of hoping they would understand. He knew his parents doesn't have problem with gay couple, but he understood why his parents couldn't accept it if the gay was their own son. For some reasons, he really wants to go to New now for some comfort.