7

AN: it's about to get real good real soon

Rivers pov

Next thing I know, I'm walking on a random street a few blocks away from Wills apartment. I don't have any recollection of me getting here, all that I remember is leaving his after the fight. The tears in my eyes are making it hard for me to see but I keep walking anyway, hoping I'm going in the right direction.

'You know what?'

'What?'

'You do seem stressed,'

I shake my head and try think of anything else but what he said. Jordan. I pull my phone out of my purse, click on her name, and it starts ringing.

It rings a few times, "Hey Riv." She said answering the phone. For some reason I don't say anything. The ache in the back of my head starts to come back and my throat is starting to close again. "Hello?" She asks, sounding a little concerned.

"Hey," I manage to squeak out.

"Hey, are you okay? And are you outside?"

I let out a small cough to clear my throat. "yeah, no I'm fine. Will and I got into a fight so I'm walking home."

"Nooooo, what happened? Do you need me to come pick you up?"

"No, it's ok. I just wanna walk and clear my head, I'm almost home anyway. He got mad and started talking about how I don't make him a priority. He also said that he doesn't think I find him attractive anymore."

"He is actually a gas lighter. What a little bitch."

"Yeah." I said blankly.

"Is there something else you're not mentioning?"

"Yeah." I took a deep breath, "He said something pretty messed up about Spencer-"

"What?! I swear to god." She said interrupting me. I'm not mad about it though, she knows how much my family has been through.

"He looked like he instantly regretted it but he can't take that back." I said, my voice having no emotion. Numb.

"Nah because he doesn't just get to let that stuff slip out." She's very protective. I'm glad she's not asking me about what he said, she's good at reading a room.

"I know." My mind is completely blank. "I'm a couple blocks away from home and I love you, I just kind of want to be alone."

"Ok yeah, Understandable. Well I love you and let me know if you need anything." She said, Jordan just gets me.

"I will, thank you." I say before hanging up the phone. I keep my eyes on the ground focusing on every little detail on the sidewalk. The microscopic holes on the ground and how the cracks are uneven. Some of the squares are different shades than others. I've never noticed that.

After a little while of walking I found myself home. Noah's car is gone, I hope he's having a good time tonight. I open the garage door and my parents still aren't home. I went over to Will's house early so I could be home earlier, I checked my phone and it read 9:45pm. I got up to my room and collapsed on my bed.