10

Chris's pov

Last night was kind of a blurr up until the part where my vision was half blurred. I'm on a walk with Nick filling him in on what went down last night.

"Holy shit Chris, are you gonna tell her?!" He asks, or more yells in shock.

"Nick, it's early" I say shushing him while looking around the neighborhood to see if anyones out, it's 7:30 in the morning. I haven't even had the chance to get some sleep yet. "I don't know if I should. I don't really think it's my place."

"Um, yes it kind of is." He says acting as if it's an obvious answer.

"Still, I don't know."

He looks over at me and his eyes are drawn to my arm. "Did he do that too?" He asked pointing out the bruise on the lower part of my upper arm.

"..Yeah" I say looking down at my arm and then looking back up at the trees we're slowly passing. Everything looks so cool. I cant tell if it's because there's something still in my system or if I'm just taking extra time to observe my surroundings. Probably a good mix of both.

"Wait, where was I when this was all happening?" He asks.

"I don't know, I'm not you."

He huffs, "True."

"But I do know where Jordan was. She saw the whole thing. That's why I'm thinking I don't have to tell her, maybe Jordan did it for me."

"Well where the fuck was Matt?"

"Nick again, how am I supposed to know?" He's acting like I have multiple different perspectives.

"Well wasn't Jordan with Matt all night?"

"Clearly not. I didn't see him."

"Maybe you didn't see him but that doesn't mean he wasn't there."

"Well if he was don't you think he would have helped me or even followed me upstairs? Anyway, what does him being there or not have to do with any of this?"

"Oh nothing, I was just curious."

I sigh, "Nick, I love you but you're really pissing me off."

"Good, as I should. But regardless of whether or not River knows, I still think you should talk to her."

"Well if she already knows then why should I have to tell her again?"

"Maybe because she helped you even though you weren't cooperating by telling her what happened."

"I wasn't gonna tell her at the party." I said in my defense.

"Ok well you didn't tell her later either."

I shrugged, "I wasn't with her later."

"Not even over the phone?"

"That's not something you tell someone over the phone, Nick."

"Ok I actually agree with you on that one." Finally.

"Mhm" I hum. My throat is scratchy from last night.