21

Rivers pov

I woke up to light shining through the curtains, I forgot to close last night. I hear a few birds chirp which made me wonder why they're out, it's late winter. I slowly started to realize my surroundings. My balcony door is slightly open, letting in a cool breeze. I continue to look around my room and notice the McDonalds cups on my nightstand and a backpack laying faced down on the hardwood floor. Memories flood into my mind from last night. I don't regret opening up to him, he seemed like he understood. My body feels so light, free.

I feel a warm body next to me. I look over and Chris is still sleeping, next to me. He didn't leave. I watch his chest go up and down at a steady pace. Everything feels so fragile.

I slowly sit up to look around for my phone, trying not to move too much. I don't know what time it is, it could be really early. I cant find it with just my eyes so I give up and lay back down, curling up closer to him.

Apparently, I wasn't ready to wake up the first time as I rewake up to the sound of an alarm. This time, Chris wakes up with me.

We both look around and search the warm bed, still half asleep, for whoever's phone is going off. We eventually find it and it's his alarm going off, 11:32 am.

He turns off the alarm and studies his phone. He's reading something. "Shit." He sighs.

"Good morning to you too." I say.

He looks up from his phone and gives me a look that says, 'really.' He smiles, "Good morning, we way over slept."

"Eh, I don't have anywhere to be today." I say, grateful for the day off.

"Well I do." He says, pulling himself out of the sheets and out of bed.

"Where?" I ask, he didn't mention anything last night.

"Home. They're blowing up my phone, we gotta go film."

"Oh." I feel that crumbling feeling of guilt flood into my system. It feels like someone is pushing on my chest. My mind is running at a million miles per second. Maybe I said too much last night. Maybe I'm scaring him away. Not a lot of people know how to handle that stuff, including me. That feeling I had when I first woke up, gone.

"I'm sorry. I'll call you later though, yeah?" He says, getting up from the bed.

"Yeah, definitely. Good luck with your video."

He nods in response as he opens my door and walks through it. "Open or closed?"

"Closed." I say blankly.

He closes my door gently as I slump back into her. I can hear his footsteps get farther and farther away from me.

***

I make my way downstairs feeling clean from the shower I just took. As I reach the kitchen, Spencer is sitting at the counter. "Rawr." I say, trying to get his attention. "Hello mother fucker." I try again. "Spencer!"

He turns around quickly like he wasn't expecting me to be there. "Sorry, I was reading."

I sit down in the stool next to him. "You, reading? Who are you?"

He laughs, putting the book mark back into the book. "I know right."

It's funny because he used to just fold the pages, everything he used to do, he does advanced. "What did you do last night?" I ask.

"Watched a movie and then dropped off Cody."

"Lame." I say blankly.

"Hey, it was late and we were both tired." He defends himself.