teach me to dance (lavashipping, ?AU)

PoV Cole, who isn't a ninja, because they aren't Ninjas in this AU
"Cole, babe", my fiance said sweetly. I turned to them with a bright smile.

"Yes, darling? Do you need anything?", I asked softly.

"I need you to take dance lessons. You're a horrible dancer and we need to fix that before the wedding. I already signed you up", they said calmly.

I fake gasped. "A bad dancer? Moi? How'd you get that idea?".

"Last time we tried to dance you broke my toe.", they replied.

I rubbed my neck awkwardly.

"Was that me? Oh well, I totally forgot", I tried to keep it funny, but they kinda weren't having it.

So, only a few days later I stood in front of the local theater, where the best teacher would teach me and some others to dance.

"This is so disgraceful", I mumbled to myself.

I entered anyways.

"Ah, Mister Bucket. You're late. We've been waiting.", a sharp voice called as I finally found the right room.

"Yeah, I got lost and", I stared, but got cut off by a man, probably smaller than me, but twice as intimidating with his serious gaze.

He told me to apologize properly, which I did.

I already didn't like this.

It got worse.

Turned out everyone was taking those lessons with a partner, so I was left to dance with a teacher.

"But I won't dance the girl part", I pouted.

The teacher, Mister Smith, rolled his eyes, put my hand to his waist and let the lesson begin.

After the lesson I helped Mister Smith clean up.

"Youre partner was right, you are an awful dancer", he suddenly chuckled.

"Their actually my fiance, refuses to marry me if I don't learn to dance", I chuckled.

"Man, that's harsh. Don't worry I never fail.", Mister Smith replied.

"Yeah, but why do you have to be so strict! That's kinda upsetting", I cried out and made dramatic hand moves.

Mister Smith chuckled.

"That's the way those young one learn. They have to learn to respect both me and the dance", he then explained.

I nodded.

"So you're actually not always like this?", I wanted to know.

He huffed. "Hell no"

~~~
I started enjoying the lessons immensely and caught myself staring at Mister Smith quite a lot.

Meanwhile my partner started asking for more and more and I was having trouble getting them all the stuff they seemed to need so badly.

Eventually I asked Mister Smith if he was free that evening.

I actually had countless things to do, but I had already started doubting my wedding plans and I needed a break.

Now Mister Smith and I were sitting in my friend Jay's Restaurant, enjoying some nice pizza.

Suddenly Mister Smith said:"Kai. My name is Kai. Please stop calling me Mister, we're way to close already."

I looked at him for a long time. Then I smiled.

"Kai. That's a pretty cool name. Are you a vegetarian?", I asked, pointing at his vegetable pizza.

Kai chuckled.