beware of the hanging man ||-the cruel ending

PoV Lloyd
I beamed around a corner and in my head I repeated what Wu told me.

Stay calm. Talk to him about the next victim.

Suddenly I felt watched and as I looked up the windows had turned into bloodshot eyes, gazing down at me.

"Hey buddy", I said nervously. Come on Lloyd. You got yourself in this mess, get yourself out of it.

The others are waiting with the rope, they just need to hang it around the spirits neck, then he will be powerless and we can deevilize him.

The eyes blinked, but kept staring.

"You did...some great work, I'm impressed. About the next victim, well", I started.

"Boo!", a voice suddenly said next to my ear. I screamed, very much terrified.

Then I heard the familiar cackling and the eyes closed and turned into windows. A cold hand on my shoulder made my fear grow into a new dimension. The spirit was behind me.

"Yeah, I'm pretty impressed too, usually I get a valid job and can leave, but wouldn't it be fun to kill everyone?", the spirit said in an old accent, floating around me.

"Yeah, I want to give you a job!", I finally managed to say.

The spirit laughed.

"It's to late kid!", he then claimed. And then he was gone.

I heard screams from down the street, so I ran after the noise.

There where blood stains on the asphalt as I came closer to the scene.

There were bodies everywhere, hanging in the trees. Like wind chimes they were swaying in the slight breeze.

The air was filled with screams and cries as the hanged man's spirit went on with his blood harvest.

"WU!", I sobbed out, but the man was gone.

Everyone was gone. That city stood still. I could hear distant sirens of a firetruck that had been sent to save the lives I put in danger.

"Naw, are you crying?", his voice suddenly said from next to me.

The spirit put an arm around me and somehow managed to pick me up.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!", I sobbed out. I didn't want them to die! Not for real!

"Sh, sh, sh, it's okay. Come, let's get you out of here before you get banned to haunt this city forever", the spirit said softly.

As we walked away I could see my body, hanging from a swing. My eyes were empty and I was probably turning cold.

I stared at the face I used to see in my mirror until I couldn't see it anymore.

The spirit put me down on a field, took my hand and lend me further to a forest.

"That's the forest of lost souls, where these souls who carry great guilt go. You're name and spell will soon appear in books like it had always been there.", the spirit explained.

We walked into the forest and I could hear the other souls whispering:

"Welcome golden child"